Purchasing while overseas

Everything related to MakeMKV
gollard

Purchasing while overseas

Post by gollard »

Greetings! I love the application and I would like to purchase a license. Having said that...

Situation: I am a US citizen with a US bank and US credit cards working in the Netherlands and Switzerland for the next six months

And here is the problem: I seem to be forced to purchase MakeMKV with the Euro pricing. Actually it is worse than that. I have to pay 50EUR instead of 50USD, then another 10EUR for VAT, then another $5 that my bank charges to process transactions in a foreign currency. Soooo....basically I end up paying about $35 more than I would in the US.

Is there any way around this? Is there a way to purchase the software through a US site? I don't want to wait 6 months or more until I return to the USA to purchase MakeMKV if possible.

Thanks for any assistance!
Woodstock

Re: Purchasing while overseas

Post by Woodstock »

There are services out there that will provide you a VPN to an IP in your choice of countries.

There are also instructions available for using one of the US-based "cloud services" providers (such as Amazon) to set up your own on-demand web proxy, which will let you access things from a US-based IP, or simply establish a Secure Shell-based network route for your browser.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging