MakeMKV Beta not working ...

Everything related to MakeMKV
Sandman82

MakeMKV Beta not working ...

Post by Sandman82 »

So I tried using a program called Handbrake and it worked for one DVD and then would not let me do anything with any of my other DVD's for what ever reason.. So I researched and came across this program, "MakeMKV Beta" and from everything I have read, it is supposed to be really great. I installed it just fine.

When I pop in a DVD, it scans and displays the info for the DVD but I have no idea what to do next because at the top, in the Toolbar, the 'Backup', 'Save' and 'Stream' buttons are all grayed out and I cannot get the DVD ripping process started.

Am I missing something or is something wrong?

NOTE: I am running this on Windows 8 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

- Sandman82 -
crowfax

Re: MakeMKV Beta not working ...

Post by crowfax »

Click on the DVD drive icon:

Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
Sandman82

Post by Sandman82 »

Thanks for the quick reply.......however, I have done that, and it reads the info on the DVD and displays some info about the DVD in the right panel, but the icons up top stay grayed out.

So I am stuck there and unable to do anything......

Any advice?

- Sandman82 -
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Post a screen shot with the disc in the drive please!
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

It should look like this, then you click where the arrow points.

Sandman82

Post by Sandman82 »

I think I figured out the issue.....

I had to put in the Beta Registration key (which was not in the directions nor was it in an obvious place). Once I did that and restarted it, I clicked on the drive icon in the center (as I had previously done) and now the save icon at the top is able to be used!

Hooray!! If I have any further issues I will post.

Thanks everyone for trying to help!

- Sandman82 -