On the fly decryption problem

Everything related to MakeMKV
kakkalla

On the fly decryption problem

Post by kakkalla »

Hello all. This is my first post here.

I have 25 Blu-Ray movies that have been ripped to my hard drive in order to to preserve them. My grandson has managed to destroy eight of the Blu-Ray disks.

Prior to using Makemkv, I was using DBDFab to clone my disks as .iso files. I have been playing them back using Mac Blu-ray Player (Windows version). I was cloning because I could never work out which title to rip to the drive when multiple titles had the exact same length etc.

Then I thought that I could conserve some hard disk space by re-ripping the iso files using Makemkv so that only the main movie sits on the drive rather than the cloned version of the disk. This I can do for all of my movies from the original disks but not for the eight that no longer work.

When I mount any of the iso files, I get the error:

"It appears that you have on-the-fly decryption software enabled"

In other posts, I read that AnyDVD mights be the cause of this problem. However, I have checked to see if this program is on my PC but it does not appear in the list under the Control Panel>Programs and Features.

I thought it might be DVDFab causing the error so I deleted that from my machine. I restarted my PC but the error is still there.

How can I find which program is causing this problem for Makemkv?

Thanks in advance.
crowfax

Re: On the fly decryption problem

Post by crowfax »

The error is warning you that the ISO file was made with an application which may have introduced errors.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox