3D BD to 3D .mkv with wrong eye order

Everything related to MakeMKV
VAMET

3D BD to 3D .mkv with wrong eye order

Post by VAMET »

Dear mike admin

I have been watching Prometheus 3D .mkv file created via MakeMKV, but something was wrong. The screen was fuzzy/blurry. I didn't know, what was the problem, but I figured it out, so there are some 3D BD movies like for example Prometheus, where the first eye is right and second is left. So, when MakeMKV is creating .mkv file with MVC content, it is doing always Left/Right order, but in this case it shoud do Right/Left. There are more movies with Right/Left eye order for example Edge of Tomorrow. When I change in my TV an option Left/Right to Right/Left, my .mkv created from Prometheus 3D BD via MakeMKV is now displayed in proper way. Any chance to add fix to MakeMKV, to check which eye is first and then create .mkv with correct order?

I would be glad for your great support.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely
Woodstock

Re: 3D BD to 3D .mkv with wrong eye order

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV copies the MVC track straight through - so if the right/left order is wrong, it was that way on the disk.

It is possible that there is something in the disk menu system that sets options in the player when you select 3D.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
VAMET

Post by VAMET »

Dear Woodstock
Woodstock wrote:MakeMKV copies the MVC track straight through - so if the right/left order is wrong, it was that way on the disk.

It is possible that there is something in the disk menu system that sets options in the player when you select 3D.
I don't see any option in Disk Menu. I have changed header of this .mkv file via MKVToolNix from flag 13 (Both Eyes Laced Left First) to 14 (Both Eyes Laced Right First) and then I have played such file without problems.

I have seen in MakeMKV, that in video track there is MVC and in Expert/Advanced Mode there is something like MKV Flags. What values I can enter there? I have been testing only "d" for default track. Are there any possibility to enter value, which will change Left to Right like in MKVToolNix flags 13 to 14. I have tried to enter 14, but it's not working.

Sincerely
dmillionz

Post by dmillionz »

VAMET wrote:I have seen in MakeMKV, that in video track there is MVC and in Expert/Advanced Mode there is something like MKV Flags. What values I can enter there? I have been testing only "d" for default track. Are there any possibility to enter value, which will change Left to Right like in MKVToolNix flags 13 to 14. I have tried to enter 14, but it's not working.
Was there ever a resolution for this where the correct "eye" was automatically selected while ripping? Or is there a certain Flag value I need to define to correct this issue? It still seems like the automatic first eye selection is still not working properly.