ImgBurn: What am I doing wrong?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Radiocomms237

ImgBurn: What am I doing wrong?

Post by Radiocomms237 »

I've been backing-up my discs with MakeMKV for years, but I thought I'd mess around with ImgBurn in an effort to keep a 'true' disc image, not just keep the files that MakeMKV wants me to keep, but something is going wrong.

I read in another thread that I should insert the Blu-ray, open it with MakeMKV to enable LibreDrive mode (or something like that), leave MakeMKV open in the background then make an iso of the disc with ImgBurn.

But when I mount the result as a virtual drive and try to open it with MakeMKV I get a host of errors:

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.17.5 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom1'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..0020..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom1'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..07F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom1'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..0020..07F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom1'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..0BF to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom1'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..0020..0BF to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom1'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..0FF to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom1'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..0020..0FF to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom1'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..002000800 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom1'
~the above Scsi errors then repeat over and over dozens of times until ~

Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
Saved AACS dump file as P:/MKB_v40_The_White_Queen_E544.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
If I bypass the "mount the result as a virtual drive" part and try to open the iso with MakeMKV directly I get:

Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Saved AACS dump file as P:/MKB_v40_The_White_Queen_E544.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
I've confirmed that I can successfully backup this disc using MakeMKV, and I can also open that backup, as well as open the disc directly. But I can't use the iso created with ImgBurn.

Is there some setting in ImgBurn that I've missed?

Or is it just not possible to create a true disc image of an encrypted Blu-ray?
SamuriHL

Re: ImgBurn: What am I doing wrong?

Post by SamuriHL »

That suggests LibreDrive was not active when you made the image. Given that it's likely bus encrypted, the image is useless. You CAN NOT eject the disc or reset the drive in any way once MakeMKV has been opened *TO THE TITLE SELECTION SCREEN*. Not just "open MakeMKV" as that doesn't do anything. You MUST open the actual disc in MakeMKV.
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

Yes, I did open the disc in MakeMKV all the way to the screen where you would normally do the setup of the title names, deselect tracks, etc., then I minimized MakeMKV and opened ImgBurn, then I created the iso image from the disc.

Once ImgBurn finished, I closed it and then used MakeMKV to eject the disc, then closed MakeMKV as well.

ImgBurn did warn me that the disc was encrypted and the output would be useless, but I just dismissed that popup and continued anyway.

I knew about the LibreDrive thing and, as far as I know, it was all active. I never ejected the disc or closed MakeMKV before ImgBurn had finished.

I'm sure whatever I did wrong was somewhere within ImgBurn, maybe I was supposed to change some setting or another?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Nothing in imgburn needs to be changed.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk