Playlist and Java

Everything related to MakeMKV
DJ155

Playlist and Java

Post by DJ155 »

Hi... Fairly new to makemkv.. but remember seeing there being a Java option in makemkv...

Particularly when looking at playlist obfuscation..

1_is this a particular java plugin?.. Or
2_is this just standard Java that makemkv needs pointing to?

Also does that then result in reliable playlist selection... Even from the obfuscated ones?

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk
yorgo

Re: Playlist and Java

Post by yorgo »

For good general info on MakeMKV and Java, start here: /bdjava/

Specific to your question, #2 is correct; go to View, Preferences, then the Protection tab. Under Custom Java Executable Location, enter Java location.

Unfortunately no, it is a work in progress; it works on obfuscated playlists but not reliably. Mike has asked for help from the community; if you encounter an obfuscated disc that MakeMKV does not point to the correct playlist, see here for what to do: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14330
DJ155

Post by DJ155 »

Ok... Well the only way I know of checking really is power dvd + procmon but that don't work on newer blu rays...
At the moment hoping that older stuff like all star trek tng bd discs
And star trek the original series bd will allready play nice with makemkv...

Cheers.

Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

On Windows, at least, the "standard install" of the Java Runtime Environment seems to be found by MakeMKV most of the time. I restrict Java's tentacles as much as possible on my system, and it "just works" when needed.

Some people say that happens on the Mac, too, but others disagree.

On Linux, I can't say much, other than we see posts here when it does NOT work, and posts from others that explain the magic incantations.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

DJ155 wrote:Ok... Well the only way I know of checking really is power dvd + procmon but that don't work on newer blu rays...
At the moment hoping that older stuff like all star trek tng bd discs
And star trek the original series bd will allready play nice with makemkv...

Cheers.

Another option is RedFox's AnyDVD which I've found to be quite good on the few obfuscated discs I've run into.

I can confirm MakeMKV will play nicely with ST:TNG and ST:OS; I've backed up both series successfully, and neither were obfuscated.
TheTerrorBeyond

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

You can still find playlists reliably with PowerDVD.

Here is a thread that describes the best technique to use:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16251
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.