225 files the same size! BD rip

Everything related to MakeMKV
ericfromgrace

225 files the same size! BD rip

Post by ericfromgrace »

Trying to rip La La Land BD. After the disk is read Make MKV show 225 files of the movie all the same chapter numbers and file size, but different segment maps.

I'm also trying to use Handbrake to make an .m4v with subtitles burned in but it's grayed out I didn't check all of them, but the ones I have seem to have the same boxes checked in regards to audio & subtitles. So I want to make sure I'm choosing the correct file in Make MKV before problem solving in Handbrake. I've done this with DVDs no problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what's going on?
Woodstock

Re: 225 files the same size! BD rip

Post by Woodstock »

Lionsgate and playlist obfuscation are the operative words here.

You do not have the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed on your computer (or MakeMKV couldn't find it), or you would have had the most likely candidate for your particular copy of this title marked as "main feature", and moved to the top of the list.

You will need to go to java.com and get the JRE for your operating system and install it. I advise that you do NOT allow it to install the "extra junk" Oracle will try to push, and do not allow it to install any "browser integration"... That isn't required for MakeMKV, and it introduces a layer of potential security issues you do not want.

After it is installed, when you start MakeMKV and open a Lionsgate disk, it will attempt to find the correct title for you automatically.

As for handbrake, once you have the correct title, you will probably find that the subtitles can be found in it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging