Request: Playlist/Tree Dump

Everything related to MakeMKV
preserve

Request: Playlist/Tree Dump

Post by preserve »

It would be great to have MakeMKV dump a playlist report when it opens the disc - the report would list the playlists as well as the segments that they are comprised of.

This is not just useful for the main feature, but it's also useful for later sorting out special features that have "Play All" playlists as well as the individual pieces.

Ideally, if MakeMKV could dump ALL the tree info that we see in the program - file size, # of chapters and the chapter times, audio tracks and their info, subtitle tracks, etc - that would be even better.

Since MakeMKV already gathers all this info and displays it in a tree, I would guess that it would be very easy to have a Preferences checkbox that would toggle MakeMKV automatically dumping this info into a plain text file when you open the disc.

(If it could dump the main disc info that appears before you open the disc - AACS version, disc title, disc size, etc - that would be the cherry on top!)

I would find this very useful and maybe others would too.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
thetoad

Re: Request: Playlist/Tree Dump

Post by thetoad »

the robot api it provides support that

http://makemkv.com/developers/usage.txt
preserve

Re: Request: Playlist/Tree Dump

Post by preserve »

Ah, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

The command line for what I wanted was:

Code: Select all

makemkvcon -r info disc:1 >tree.txt
Unless I'm missing something, I think the only thing that it doesn't output is what the protection method/AACS version of the disc is, and the chapter times.

Mike, would it be possible to have makemkvcon output that information as well?
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00