Please remove/chang the shortcut ctrl+b for quitting MakeMKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
ShiningDragon

Please remove/chang the shortcut ctrl+b for quitting MakeMKV

Post by ShiningDragon »

Hi there,

i am not sure, if this was mentioned before, but i have a fairly big problem with the above called shortcut. Everytime if i paste a title into MakeMKV (CTRL+V) and touch the button "B" instead "V", MakeMKV closes without any question.
It's very annoying, if you have a disk with 10 or more episodes or took care of 50+ chapters and this happens before processing the disc...

So please change it to another button, perhaps Q? Or remove it - or make it optional within a configuration file. Please, really, you don't know how often this happened already to me.
Woodstock

Re: Please remove/chang the shortcut ctrl+b for quitting Mak

Post by Woodstock »

What version? Cntrl-B does nothing on the Windows GUI. I tried pasting-with-B in both entry line, and it was ignored.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ShiningDragon

Post by ShiningDragon »

MakeMKV 1.10.9 (x86-64 Version)
GUI (x86 Version)
Windows 10 (x86-64)

This combination does nothing on your system? ctrl-b worked by me on many, many MakeMKV releases and operating systems. And really: This is annoying... you're inserting a lot of thing via ctrl-v and on the last one you hit ctrl-b -> all is gone away.

And i am SURE this works on your system too: Just open "File" in the menubar and take a look down (quit) or for the german ones: "Datei" -> "Beenden" -> Shortcut CTRL-B.

But this shortcut is NOT limited to an open menubar. It's working even on the GUI, while entering titlenames, filenames, tags, languages, chapters etc.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

I tested this myself on Win7 (x64) & as Woodstock reports, it does nothing. Any chance you are running some sort of 'keystroke monitor' software that might enhance standard Windows behavior?
Last edited by d00zah on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShiningDragon

Post by ShiningDragon »

Nope, nothing running in the background, what should interfere with MakeMKV. But i'll close all other apps for now and check again.

Just doublechecked, restart while disabled all non system-needed software were disabled. No change in the behaviour. Pressing CTRL-B on ANY place is shutting down MakeMKV immediately. Will check now on a Windows Server 2012 R2.

EDIT: This behaviour happens on Windows Server 2012 R2 too.

Are your keyboards damaged? :D

I can't believe, that you don't experience this behaviour... i could doublecheck on another physical machines in my home and will get the same experience.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

Mac version - File/Close (no shortcut offered/shown on the menu)

Physically attempting ⌘-B does not close the app.
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
preserve

Post by preserve »

ShiningDragon wrote:Just open "File" in the menubar and take a look down (quit) or for the german ones: "Datei" -> "Beenden" -> Shortcut CTRL-B.
It must be because of localization of German language, Beenden = B.

On an English system, the menu reads File / Quit / CTRL+Q.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
ShiningDragon

Post by ShiningDragon »

@preserve

... sometimes i could bite my...

You give me a good point: Just switched the default language of MakeMKV to english -> no problem any more with CTRL-B - now it's CTRL-Q, but this is not a problem for me. Q is far away from C and V. :D

I wouldn't say, that the problem is solved (because shutting down the app without warning is not nice), but i can live for now with it.