Virus In Latest 1.10.10 Release?

Everything related to MakeMKV
XrayDoc88

Virus In Latest 1.10.10 Release?

Post by XrayDoc88 »

I was using the latest version of MakeMKV without incident the past few days. Now all of sudden Windows Defender is identifying the following as malicious and should be removed.

Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!c

If I remove this, I'm pretty sure MakeMKV doesn't work. Any advice?
Woodstock

Re: Virus In Latest 1.10.10 Release?

Post by Woodstock »

virustotal.com says "0/66" hits for the file available at /download/ . The hash virustotal displays for the file tested matches that published for the Windows executable file.

Searching for "Win32/Azden.A!c" on google shows that Microsoft throws this judgement around quite a lot. No other antivirus product seems to detect a problem with the same files that Windows Defender quarantines, and "infections" seem to appear depending on when you installed Windows updates.

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what to do. AVG (what I use) says the file is clean.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jasinswift

Post by jasinswift »

I was checking yestarday MakeMKV.
Eversing fine.Comfirm it!
No virus,no trojans. :|
Dowload Kaspersky free and try check again file.Window Defender useless and give poor defense.
Because it does not handle the files as it should, and with any little inconsistency produces warnings.
I turned it off for a long time.
regards
jasin
Last edited by jasinswift on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XrayDoc88

Post by XrayDoc88 »

Thanks Woodstock. Windows Defender was automatically quarantining the file and MakeMKV would stop working. I "restored" the quarantined file in Defender and now MakeMKV seems to be working ok.