Problems in the server

Everything related to MakeMKV
Thor14

Problems in the server

Post by Thor14 »

Hello, I have installed the Makemkv program on the server and as they understand on the server there is no installed unit, I try to work with makemkv with virtual units, use daemon tolls, dvbfab or clone, and I do not know why but makemkv does not detect any unit virtual, what can this failure be?

http://prntscr.com/i6q0uh
Woodstock

Re: Problems in the server

Post by Woodstock »

Not quite sure what you're trying to do.

If you are trying to run MakeMKV remotely on a "headless server", then you need to tell that server to allow MakeMKV to access the optical disk. Windows, by default, denies access to devices by remote users. This is a security policy item, and it's been several years since I had to deal with it, so I cannot help beyond that.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Thor14

Post by Thor14 »

Woodstock wrote:Not quite sure what you're trying to do.

If you are trying to run MakeMKV remotely on a "headless server", then you need to tell that server to allow MakeMKV to access the optical disk. Windows, by default, denies access to devices by remote users. This is a security policy item, and it's been several years since I had to deal with it, so I cannot help beyond that.
I try to mount an iso ported in a virtual drive and rip it with make mkv, the problem is that these working on a server and makemkv does not detect the unit vitual, is something that surprises me
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Have you tried File->Open files, to open the ISO directly in MakeMKV? MakeMKV does not require an ISO to be "mounted".
Thor14

Post by Thor14 »

Thor14 wrote:
Woodstock wrote:Not quite sure what you're trying to do.

I try to mount an iso ported in a virtual drive and rip it with make mkv, the problem is that these working on a server and makemkv does not detect the unit vitual, is something that surprises me
if I charge an ISO directly it does not let me make a copy in folder

http://prntscr.com/i6vptp
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Open Files puts you into the "make into MKV files" mode, so no, Backup would not be available. From this mode, you should be able to make MKV files from the feature and two extras.

I've never tried working from a BD ISO, and rarely use the "backup" feature unless it's to try and work around a problem, so I cannot say whether or not "make a BD backup from an ISO file" is a normally-available option or not.