Shinobi Heart Under Blade

Everything related to MakeMKV
SonOfJacob

Shinobi Heart Under Blade

Post by SonOfJacob »

Hey all,

The subtitles for the Shinobi Heart Under Blade disc I have do not seem to rip at all.

Anyone experienced anything like this and found a solution for it?

I searched the forums but haven't found anyone that posted anything about it.

Disc: purchased from Amazon in the U.S.
UPC: 70440095641
ISBN: 1-4210-1253-7

Thanks.

Edit: I had an idea BUT it didn't work. I ripped the disc with the English Subtitle track, extracted the .mks file in MKVToolNix, opened the .mks file in Subtitle Edit (link below), saved it as an .srt file, then remuxed it back in using MKVToolNix.

Subtitle Edit link: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/releases
Woodstock

Re: Shinobi Heart Under Blade

Post by Woodstock »

How do you know they aren't ripping? What player are you trying to view them?

Some older players cannot play PGS subtitles, which is what you will find on Blurays. They are NOT the same as "SRT" subtitles.

Turn on debug logging (link in my signature tells you how) and post the log from ripping the disk.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
SonOfJacob

Post by SonOfJacob »

Solved it. Apparently this disc has the English subtitles labeled as "PGS Japanese" instead of the one labeled "PGS English", and the "PGS English" ones aren't displaying anything at all, even though they contain them in the file.

I'm using the current VLC player on Windows 10 on a PC I personally built, so I'm not sure what's up with the labeling on this disc.

It's confusing, but at least I figured it out and it's on these forums for any future users.

Thanks.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Ah, they put the subtitles in tagged as Japanese, so that when you select Japanese audio, you get full subtitles. At least, that is probably how they would explain it. :)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging