Current Makemkv beta registration key rejected by 1.12.0

Everything related to MakeMKV
onthuhlist

Current Makemkv beta registration key rejected by 1.12.0

Post by onthuhlist »

MakeMKV beta 1.12.0 for Mac is telling me my 30 days evaluation has expired. When I enter the beta registration key provided in these forums, it says to restart MakeMKV. When I restart, it deletes the temporary key.

Can we please get a beta registration key that works?

Thanks!!!
sofakng

Re: Current Makemkv beta registration key rejected by 1.12.0

Post by sofakng »

Same here.
preserve

Post by preserve »

This happens at the end of the month whenever a key expires before the new key is issued.

You can try setting your system date back a few days.

You can just take a few days break and wait for the new key.

You can register and get your own lifetime key: http://www.makemkv.com/buy
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
onthuhlist

Post by onthuhlist »

“...whenever a key expires before the new key is issued.”

You act like that’s a normal thing in the world. It’s not.

It’s a good thing this approach of allowing the current thing to become non-functional before its replacement is available isn’t followed in most areas of life. Like insurance, biology, government, national defense, planting food, computer passwords, and the availability of salsa in my fridge. Could you imagine?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Chose your world carefully when deciding what is "normal" in the world. This world, some delay in replacement of the beta key has been "normal" since I got here years ago. The only time there hasn't been a delay is when Mike makes a version release at the same time the beta key is expiring.

The new key was released within the last 24 hours ( http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053 ) . If you look at the message, it's time-stamped March 3, 2010... That's also normal for this world.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

onthuhlist wrote:“...whenever a key expires before the new key is issued.”

It’s a good thing this approach of allowing the current thing to become non-functional before its replacement is available isn’t followed in most areas of life. Like insurance, biology, government, national defense, planting food, computer passwords, and the availability of salsa in my fridge. Could you imagine?
Well then buy a license. That simple if you want your “world” to continue to be “perfect”.

If you wish to continue to freeload off Mike’s generosity (cause he can make the app pay only at anytime he wants like other more expensive ripping software out there), then you WILL wait.
Last edited by st4evr on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rivey

Post by rivey »

st4evr wrote:
onthuhlist wrote:“...whenever a key expires before the new key is issued.”

Well then buy a license. That simple if you want your “world” to continue to be “perfect”.

If you wish to continue to freeload of Mike’s generosity (cause he can make the app pay only at anytime he wants like other more expensive ripping software out there), then you WILL wait.
I really don't understand why people are upset about the key issue. When I first found MakeMKV last year and started ripping my discs, after I new that I felt the program would be beneficial to me, I went ahead and paid for a license. In that way I was able to support the program so that it would continue to grow and become better. Mike goes out of his way to keep the program current and relevant. What I am saying is if you are not willing to support a program that is beneficial to you, then why are you using it. There are other programs that do similar things but, oh yes, you have to pay to use them. I am not rich, and $50.00 is not a small amount in my current situation but I place value in MakeMKV and feel that it is worth the money. If you are not going to buy a license, then why complain? The right thing to do would be to just wait for the new free key to be available and be glad that it is available and thank Mike for providing that free key. I find this program very valuable and worth the one time fee. I have stated this before, but I would like to see a link that would also allow us to donate so Mike can see his program is appreciated. Just my 2 cents. Thanks Mike for all your hard work and continued efforts.