Strange File Creation

Everything related to MakeMKV
PlexManMatt

Strange File Creation

Post by PlexManMatt »

Liar Liar

When attempting to burn Liar Liar using MakeMKV, the film seems to start about 20 mins in, however the quality is fine and the audio is perfect. When however using HandBreak, I am able to burn the complete film, however the audio is about a second ahead of the visuals.

RoboCop

When burning RoboCop, the middle of the film and the start of the film have switched places.

Please note all my other films have burnt sucessfully.

Any ideas??
preserve

Re: Strange File Creation

Post by preserve »

Are you burning (writing files onto a disc) or are you ripping (copying data off the disc)?

Since you didn't post in the appropriate forum (DVD, Blu-ray or UHD), what type of disc are you working with?

(See this thread for tips about posting in the forums: http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16984)
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

Sounds very strange, because "starts 20min in" or "start and middle is switched". Please tell what you have done to create the files.

Maybe you have selected single streams parts which are part of the complete movie and view them in wrong order. The reason is that you have not ripped the title with the correct playlist (MPLS). Single streams parts have normaly no chapters, but the complete movie title has chapters and have a playlist (MPLS) which lists the single stream segments for assembly the movie file.
Good Luck :)

Post by MrMase »

I can confirm this error exists in v1.14 starting about 15 minutes in.

MakeMKV seems to be not detecting the first title in the film based on a comparison of MakeMKV's output opened in Handbrake and a seperate run using DVD Decrpyter then opening the file in Handbrake for conversion.

Using the dvd decrypter files over the dvd also produces the same result.
mbf199t

Post by mbf199t »

Very late reply I realise, but I have now fixed this;

- Open MakeMKV (latest version)
- Go to Preferences / Settings
- Go to Protection

Set the DVD structure protection removal method manually, to CellTrim...

You should now see only a single title, which will include the full movie.