Lastest version; can't upgrade, folder is not empty.

Everything related to MakeMKV
dmitche3

Lastest version; can't upgrade, folder is not empty.

Post by dmitche3 »

Trying to upgrade to the latest version today. Installer uninstalled old version, left folder behind (empty) but new installer won't let me select the folder as it says that it isn't empty.

Simply picked a new folder name that didn't exist and installed okay ( I hope). Just don't know if you're aware of the new issue.

Thanks.

Updated with info below:
Windows 10, 64 bit pro 1703
Woodstock

Re: Lastest version; can't upgrade, folder is not empty.

Post by Woodstock »

There is probably a file left in the old location. MakeMKV's uninstall only removes files the installer put in the directory to begin with; if you put a changed profile in the program directory, it won't delete it, so the folder won't be empty.

This is why ANY user-created file should be put in the MakeMKV data directory, set in Preferences->General.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dmitche3

Post by dmitche3 »

Nope. As stated before the folder was empty. I deleted it and tried again. No go. It created the folder again with nothing in it but than repeated the problem. strange.

And I don't put anything else in these folders. Assumptions are not always wise nor appreciated. :)
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Assumptions are not always wise nor appreciated. :)
Your message did not supply answers to all questions that need answered to give you a precise cause. Lacking information, assumptions based on past experience must be used.

So sorry to have offended you. I'll try not to do so in the future.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging