How do I download older versions?

Everything related to MakeMKV
allnight

How do I download older versions?

Post by allnight »

How do I get older versions of MakeMKV? I just updated to 1.12.2, and have hit my first unexplained issue.

I want to go back to what I had before today, which I believe was 1.12.0.

Is there someplace that I haven't found it on the site?

The download page points to /download/Setup_MakeMKV_v1.12.2.exe however if you change version string, you still get 1.12.2.

Mike
st4evr

Re: How do I download older versions?

Post by st4evr »

It’s one of the questions posted and answered in the MakeMKV FAQ:

http://makemkv.com/faq/
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Oh, sure, make him click through to find /download/old/ .... :)

Incidentally, allnight, using archive.org is not the best way to find "older versions" of projects. Most open-source projects maintain archives, although not in highly visible places. There are reasons for that - in the case of 1.12.0, there were a couple of rather serious bugs that required a quick update.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
allnight

Post by allnight »

Thanks guys. I was too focused on "old version" to try looking for "previous version" on the FAQ.

Yes, I agree that the WayBack Machine is a untrustworthy way to go, it's just the only thing that came to mind last night.

My reply saying that the earlier version didn't help isn't showing, for some reason, so I'm back to using the latest, which I'm happier about.

Thanks again,

Mike
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

Woodstock wrote:Oh, sure, make him click through to find http://makemkv.com/download/old/ .... :)
Well you know that old saying. “Teach a man to fish....”

If they are able to put a full sentence together, I expect they can flex their index finger and click through a couple of links. :wink:
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Mike, I removed the message about the wayback machine, which is why it isn't showing. It was stuck in the moderation queue anyway, because of the links in it.

As for the FAQ link, what is shown is unfortunately dynamic... the link to previous versions might now always shown on that page. :roll:
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging