Newest version of MKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
ibtrue

Newest version of MKV

Post by ibtrue »

I’m a newbie and I was given a setup of MKV and when set it up it said it was an old version and directed me to use the newest version. I did this and I’m unable to open the Blu-ray Disc to select the titles. It only allows me to back the entire disc. I did this and when I played the file in VLC it started off with a bunch of numbers scrolling down then it played the movie. How can I access the titles to select the main movie or the sections I want?

Please help me to resolve this?

Thanks ibtrue
Woodstock

Re: Newest version of MKV

Post by Woodstock »

Did you click the very large button that looks like a disk (sometimes spinning) after the disk loads?

Also, until the beta key is updated (there's a message about that in the Announcements section), you can set your system date back to 29 May long enough to start MakeMKV, and the old key will be valid again. You can reset the system date after MakeMKV is running.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ibtrue

Post by ibtrue »

What happened from the start was I clicked the backup button. I read the message about either you can backup the entire disc or select the titles. It also stated I could evaluate it for 30 days then choose to purchase a registration key. I chose to evaluate it. I then check marked the box “decrypt files” and it automatically started a backup. I played it in VLC and the first few seconds was showing a bunch of numbers and letters scrolling down the screen, then the movie started.

I then tried to click on the disc player large button you mentioned, after it loaded and it went automatically to backup without opening the disc, just as it did before.

I’ll will try your suggestion to change the date to 29 May. Why the 29th? Then you said I could reset back to current date? By doing that it won’t affect the program when I close and reopen the next time?

Thanks for your help
ibtrue

Post by ibtrue »

BTW Woodstock, I have been reading about a temporary beta key. I never used any key but it gave me the 30 day evaluation period. Could this be a reason why I’m having issues with functionality?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Yes, that's what makes it work. Each version released has a key that works until a certain date. A copy of that key is put in this message (the date on it never changes, just the content):

http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ibtrue

Post by ibtrue »

I read on another post that the current key has expired. So does that mean that a new version of mkv will be released soon along with a new key? And when the new key is issued will I have to set back my system Clock?
ibtrue

Post by ibtrue »

Woodstock, I got it to function. Thanks for your help.