Movies play fine, but about 50 files are created?

Everything related to MakeMKV
nibiyabi

Movies play fine, but about 50 files are created?

Post by nibiyabi »

Hi, so the title pretty much explains it. I am trying to get .mkv files from my discs so I can watch them with Plex, but makemkv is splitting the movies up into dozens and dozens of files. I don't see any setting to change this behavior. I just want the movie ideally without the ads and junk, but if need be I'd rather have it behave exactly like a normal disc rather than have to open a new file every 5 minutes while watching the movie. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. Thank you.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm dumb. There are a million tiny files but ONE of them has the correct cover art and it just for some reason hadn't loaded/populated in Plex yet. I'm leaving this up for posterity in case anyone else has the same issue. Cheers!
d00zah

Re: Movies play fine, but about 50 files are created?

Post by d00zah »

You can avoid all the little 'extras' by setting a 'Minimum title length (seconds)' on the Options > Video tab... I set mine to '1500' & typically only get the main feature. YMMV
rivey

Post by rivey »

d00zah wrote:You can avoid all the little 'extras' by setting a 'Minimum title length (seconds)' on the Options > Video tab... I set mine to '1500' & typically only get the main feature. YMMV
The only problem with this approach is that you can miss some of the extra's on the disc such as behind the scenes video's. I am assuming of course that you want these shorts. I always check on the disc case for what extra's are included and then after the disc is ripped I find these titles so they can also be viewed. Takes a little extra time but they can be very interesting. Just my two cents.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Hence, YMMV... tweak the setting to suit personal requirements. It certainly helps to eliminate worthless (IMO) trailers, transition/studio clips, etc..
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

d00zah wrote:Hence, YMMV...
Agreed....I may watch "extras" but usually it's the first time I view the disc, I don't rip them and save them to our server. :wink:
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV