2 Different Failures

Everything related to MakeMKV
naisatoh

2 Different Failures

Post by naisatoh »

Hi there,

I've been going through a number of DVDs and have had generally good success. However, I ran into two different issues which resulted in failed processes. The first disc contained 6 episodes, but failed on one of them. I received the following code:

FAILURE: Code 1982 at =wPaU/&IJ=$E<M(AZGO:121262509
FAILURE: Code 0 at L7Z7e&"teT9J"H%rGIU5:213130444
FAILURE: Code 11932 at L7Z7e&"teT9J"H%rGIU5:213129639
LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: Error while reading input

The second failure was on a disc that contained 5 episodes, but resulted in 4 failures. I received the same code for each failure that occurred:

LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: MKV_ASSERT: (m_MarksCount==m_ChapterMarks.size()) || ((m_MarksCount+1)==m_ChapterMarks.size())
Failed to save title 1 to file C:/Users/Vincent Chan/Television/UNNAMED_DISC/title01.mkv
LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: MKV_ASSERT: (m_MarksCount==m_ChapterMarks.size()) || ((m_MarksCount+1)==m_ChapterMarks.size())
Failed to save title 2 to file C:/Users/Vincent Chan/Television/UNNAMED_DISC/title02.mkv
Failed to save title 3 to file C:/Users/Vincent Chan/Television/UNNAMED_DISC/title03.mkv
Failed to save title 4 to file C:/Users/Vincent Chan/Television/UNNAMED_DISC/title04.mkv

I also tried ripping using DVDShrink and loading the IFO onto the MakeMKV. I ended up getting the same failure messages.

I'm not sure what these codes mean, but would be very appreciative if I could get a fix to this problem. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by naisatoh on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
dandirk

Re: 2 Different Failures

Post by dandirk »

If DVDShrink is failing as well... this probably is a copy protection issue, or even damaged disk or CD/DVD drive that can't read the disk. MakeMKV does support ripping of all encryption types so maybe they will add this one at next update.

In the mean time I would use AnyDVD if you have it, there is a 30 day trial. MakeMKV should then be able to rip it... If you still get errors, try another drive or even another disk.
Last edited by dandirk on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
naisatoh

Post by naisatoh »

Actually, I'm not having any problems with DVDShrink. The problem occurs when I take the IFO from DVDShrink then load it up onto MakeMKV.
PierreLo

Post by PierreLo »

Hi naisatoh,

I have the exact same problems on some DVDs. Mike (MakeMKV owner) asked me for some specific tests to perform with DVD shrink to try to isolate the portion of the movie that causes the problem (thanks to DVDshrink you can select a portion of the movie to rip and generate a valid DVD structure from it, that can be run in MakeMKv afterwards).

I am in the process of doing this and I'll report back here once I get news.

In the meantime, you can still use PGCdemux and MKVMergeGUI to manually process the "difficult" files.

PierreLo
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

naisatoh wrote:Hi there,

I've been going through a number of DVDs and have had generally good success. However, I ran into two different issues which resulted in failed processes. The first disc contained 6 episodes, but failed on one of them. I received the following code:

FAILURE: Code 1982 at =wPaU/&IJ=$E<M(AZGO:121262509
FAILURE: Code 0 at L7Z7e&"teT9J"H%rGIU5:213130444
FAILURE: Code 11932 at L7Z7e&"teT9J"H%rGIU5:213129639
LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: Error while reading input

The second failure was on a disc that contained 5 episodes, but resulted in 4 failures. I received the same code for each failure that occurred:

Failed to save title 1 to file C:/Users/Vincent Chan/Television/UNNAMED_DISC/title01.mkv
Failed to save title 2 to file C:/Users/Vincent Chan/Television/UNNAMED_DISC/title02.mkv
Failed to save title 3 to file C:/Users/Vincent Chan/Television/UNNAMED_DISC/title03.mkv
Failed to save title 4 to file C:/Users/Vincent Chan/Television/UNNAMED_DISC/title04.mkv

I also tried ripping using DVDShrink and loading the IFO onto the MakeMKV. I ended up getting the same failure messages.

I'm not sure what these codes mean, but would be very appreciative if I could get a fix to this problem. Thanks in advance!
The first one means that the VOB file is invalid. can you please provide some information about the disc - is it a DVD disc or are you trying to open ripped files?

The second failure indcates that chapter information is either incorrect or very strange. We've never seen this error before.
naisatoh

Post by naisatoh »

mike admin wrote:The first one means that the VOB file is invalid. can you please provide some information about the disc - is it a DVD disc or are you trying to open ripped files?

The second failure indcates that chapter information is either incorrect or very strange. We've never seen this error before.
Thanks for your reply! Both errors were from original DVD discs. The first was from the third disc of the second season of the Simpsons. The second error came from the third disc of the second season of Futurama. Is there any way to bypass some of these errors?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

naisatoh wrote:
mike admin wrote:The first one means that the VOB file is invalid. can you please provide some information about the disc - is it a DVD disc or are you trying to open ripped files?

Thanks for your reply! Both errors were from original DVD discs. The first was from the third disc of the second season of the Simpsons. The second error came from the third disc of the second season of Futurama. Is there any way to bypass some of these errors?
Unlikely.We'll try to locate the error, but it might take time.
mkv420

Post by mkv420 »

I can confirm that volume 2 disk 3 of futurama still exhibits this behavior in 1.4.1 beta.