VC1 video/audio sync problem

Everything related to MakeMKV
Jalum

VC1 video/audio sync problem

Post by Jalum »

The new version works much better.

It's reading Blu-Ray rips that it didn't before and VC1 video now plays back smooth.

However, I noticed that on VC1 rips only (didn't happen in mpeg2 as far as I can tell), audio and video is slight out of sync. It's off very little but noticeable. I tried it on 2 of my blu-ray rips.

Anyone else notice this problem or is it just me?
Katner

Re: VC1 video/audio sync problem

Post by Katner »

I have ripped quite a few Blu-ray's with MakeMKV and only ONE has had audio sync problems. After reading your post I went through and checked the video files and sure enough my ONLY VC-1 file is the one with audio sync problems.

Brutal.
jmonier1

Re: VC1 video/audio sync problem

Post by jmonier1 »

This is probably not a MakeMKV problem. I've seen it occasionally on VC-1 in cases where I had used something other than Make MKV. Unfortunately the VC-1 decoders that seem to work the best are within PowerDVD or ArcSoft TMT and are hard to use outside those programs. In particular, 1080i VC-1 can be very bad as it seems to max even a 2.8 mHz Quad Core CPU. PowerDVD or TMT seem to use DXVA to get around these problems but that's not an option with the Microsoft decoder (which seems to be the only one that is readily available for use).