Help ? Confused?

Everything related to MakeMKV
kamipalms

Help ? Confused?

Post by kamipalms »

Hi there,

I've been playing over the last couple of weeks to transfer my DVD & Bluray collection to a dedicated Media HDD to stream throughout the house. So far I've found a couple of reputable programs to convert my DVD's ( Mainly to VOB's) but so far I've been unsucessfull with Bluray so I thought I'd give your software a go......
Heres what I get with BD or BD .ISO
"The volume key is unknown for this disk - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disk"
What now?

The other Problem I found was when converting a VOB folder with multiple .TS files to MKV is that it does exactly that - Converts each .TS file into individual MKV files- no way of stringing them together into one MKV?

Please be patient with me if I've overlooked something but I'm only new at this....
J.
mike admin

Re: Help ? Confused?

Post by mike admin »

kamipalms wrote:Hi there,

I've been playing over the last couple of weeks to transfer my DVD & Bluray collection to a dedicated Media HDD to stream throughout the house. So far I've found a couple of reputable programs to convert my DVD's ( Mainly to VOB's) but so far I've been unsucessfull with Bluray so I thought I'd give your software a go......
"The volume key is unknown for this discs - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disk"
What now?
This is very strange. While it is true that latest discs cannot be decrypted by beta version, it should give addition details why decryption failed. What software did you use to produce ISO image?
kamipalms wrote:The other Problem I found was when converting a VOB folder with multiple .TS files to MKV is that it does exactly that - Converts each .TS file into individual MKV files- no way of stringing them together into one MKV?

Please be patient with me if I've overlooked something but I'm only new at this....
J.
All video discs be it DVD or Blu-ray have a notion of "titles". That is what determined by disc creator. On a typical disc there are many titles - the main movie, few trailers and some interviews. The program convers each title into separate MKV file so you can choose what to keep later.

Please keep in mind that the program is in beta version and currenly does not support all Blu-ray features (subtitles, chapters, some audio codecs) so I would advise against using it now to create a Blu-ray collection with the current version (however it is absolutely possible to convert majority of blu-ray discs and watch them on the media centre PC today).
kamipalms

Re: Help ? Confused?

Post by kamipalms »

mike admin wrote:
kamipalms wrote:Hi there,

"The volume key is unknown for this discs - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disk"
What now?
This is very strange. While it is true that latest discs cannot be decrypted by beta version, it should give addition details why decryption failed. What software did you use to produce ISO image?
kamipalms wrote:The other Problem I found was when converting a VOB folder with multiple .TS files to MKV is that it does exactly that - Converts each .TS file into individual MKV files- no way of stringing them together into one MKV?

J.
All video discs be it DVD or Blu-ray have a notion of "titles". That is what determined by disc creator. On a typical disc there are many titles - the main movie, few trailers and some interviews. The program convers each title into separate MKV file so you can choose what to keep later.

Please keep in mind that the program is in beta version and currenly does not support all Blu-ray features (subtitles, chapters, some audio codecs) so I would advise against using it now to create a Blu-ray collection with the current version (however it is absolutely possible to convert majority of blu-ray discs and watch them on the media centre PC today).
Software is AnyDVD and I also use DVDFab to create either ISO or VOB files for either BluRay or DVD.
The other problem I've found is my media player ( hardware) will not read the Mkv file created." Unsupported Format" message across the screen. It plays other Mkv files no problem with Digital or DTS audio.