Feature request: Notification when submitted AACS dump has been added to MKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
thinksinc

Feature request: Notification when submitted AACS dump has been added to MKV

Post by thinksinc »

This has probably been requested in the past, but I'd love for MakeMKV to notify me when an AACS file for a disc I've tried to rip previously has been added to the database.

I don't use deUHD anymore, but I did appreciate this feature in that app. If I tried to rip a disc that was too new, I'd get a failure message. But 1-3 days later when I booted up the app, I'd get a little pop-up saying "Hey, Title XYZ is now available." and I knew I could get a good rip if I tried again.

It seems like it could work by having MakeMKV keep a list of any titles that had to automatically generate an AACS dump for (and/or delivered the dreaded "Failed to open disc" error), so that the next time I opened the app 2-3 days later it would issue a pop-up alert saying "Hey, Title XYZ and Title ABC are now available to rip."

I typically have to keep a stack of discs on my desk if they are too new to be in the AACS database, and have to wait an indeterminate amount of time, randomly trying them every day until they go through. This update would really help streamline this process—and could encourage more people to submit AACS dumps if it was integrated into the app itself.

Cheers.
Billycar11

Re: Feature request: Notification when submitted AACS dump has been added to MKV

Post by Billycar11 »

thinksinc wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:45 pm
This has probably been requested in the past, but I'd love for MakeMKV to notify me when an AACS file for a disc I've tried to rip previously has been added to the database.

I don't use deUHD anymore, but I did appreciate this feature in that app. If I tried to rip a disc that was too new, I'd get a failure message. But 1-3 days later when I booted up the app, I'd get a little pop-up saying "Hey, Title XYZ is now available." and I knew I could get a good rip if I tried again.

It seems like it could work by having MakeMKV keep a list of any titles that had to automatically generate an AACS dump for (and/or delivered the dreaded "Failed to open disc" error), so that the next time I opened the app 2-3 days later it would issue a pop-up alert saying "Hey, Title XYZ and Title ABC are now available to rip."

I typically have to keep a stack of discs on my desk if they are too new to be in the AACS database, and have to wait an indeterminate amount of time, randomly trying them every day until they go through. This update would really help streamline this process—and could encourage more people to submit AACS dumps if it was integrated into the app itself.

Cheers.
Just back them up without decrypting first the yellow folder on top you can do that even if key is not added yet then just open the index when it supported
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
flojo

Re: Feature request: Notification when submitted AACS dump has been added to MKV

Post by flojo »

UPDATE 2: makemkvcon info /path/ works. In this case, I think you're better off parsing for success rather than error, so parse for "\nOperation successfully completed\n". It loads the "hash table" and downloads the key. I ripped a known disc WITHOUT "--decrypt" using these suggested options: [ "backup", "--cache=16", "--noscan", "-r", "--progress=-same", "disc:0"] ... then I used makemkvcon info /path/ and the "Operation successfully completed".

UPDATE, below might work, I'll have to try it when I get back (sorry, I didn't know this was a option :-/)

Code: Select all

makemkvcon info /home/$USER/rip/name
----------------------
Billycar11 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:53 pm
Just back them up without decrypting first the yellow folder on top you can do that even if key is not added yet then just open the index when it supported
This really doesn't solve the problem.

I have a early copy of something not in the DB and I don't see a option in makemkvcon to use this method. It's easy to parse the stdout of makemkvcon to read a pass/fail situation _IF_ you're ripping the physical disc, but otherwise...? I don't think the GUI is scriptable (admittedly I haven't looked). I can wait a few weeks so it's no big deal, but it is a possibly-minor-problem'ish scenario.

Makemkvcon could use a little love, not a lot, but a little more. In this case, something like: 'makemkvcon info key.idx'
hostage67

Post by hostage67 »

Hello,

Previously I have submitted several new movies to the email to get added, and within a few days a new build of MakeMKV was available for download that supported those movies. More recently I have submitted a couple of additional new movies (Scream VI, and Fast-X), but even after several weeks there does not appear to be an updated version to download with support for those movies (Fast-X has only been a few days). I saw someone else talk about what appeared to be manually downloading some files for Fast-X which he claimed worked for him, but no real details.

- Has something happened that is causing longer than normal delays in processing new movies, or am I simply doing something wrong?

I'm relatively new to MakeMKV, but have still used it to add hundreds of movies and thousands of tv episodes to my plex server. Normally everything is great and just works, but every once in a while a new release requires submitted the svq file to get it added. Right now I'm a bit confused as to what the expected process actually is.

- What is the normal process after submitting an SVQ file for a new movie?
- Is it normal for me to download and install an update to get support for new movies, or is there a better way?
Sunoo

Post by Sunoo »

You don’t need to upgrade the software, it will pull down updates needed for decryption over the internet directly.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

It isn't a new version of MakeMKV that gets released, it's that the data for a particular movie becomes available. That data stream is accessed when you start MakeMKV, assuming you do not have a block against it in place.

As for the delay in processing, that's tied to the author (Mike) and his availability. He apparently has been busy the last few weeks, and processed a number of keys a few days ago. Those are automatically downloaded if you do not have a DNS block in place (some popular systems use a DNS server that blocks Russian servers from resolving).
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
hostage67

Post by hostage67 »

Woodstock wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:12 am
It isn't a new version of MakeMKV that gets released, it's that the data for a particular movie becomes available. That data stream is accessed when you start MakeMKV, assuming you do not have a block against it in place.

As for the delay in processing, that's tied to the author (Mike) and his availability. He apparently has been busy the last few weeks, and processed a number of keys a few days ago. Those are automatically downloaded if you do not have a DNS block in place (some popular systems use a DNS server that blocks Russian servers from resolving).
Thanks I appreciate the info. I don't believe I have anything blocking the download, but not sure how to confirm that.

Is there some way for me to see or confirm if these files are indeed available? Or is there a specific log entry that shows me I at least attempted to download whatever was available?
hostage67

Post by hostage67 »

For anyone wondering...

Downloading latest HK to C:\Users\jason.stockett/.MakeMKV ...

This is the line in the logs that indicates you have attempted to download the HK files. And it appears my issue was that I wasn't restarting MakeMKV, I often leave it running as I regularly have a stack of disks I am working on ripping. But the update only appears to occur during the launch of MakeMKV, so I wasn't getting the updated files as I wasn't relaunching MakeMKV regularly.

Thanks everyone for your help and info, I really appreciate it.