What's wrong with this forum and the people?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Coopervid

What's wrong with this forum and the people?

Post by Coopervid »

I am quite active in this forum.

What is just mindboggling is that this forum is so slooooow.

People ask questions and just disappear.

People never read PMs I send to them to solve their issues.

People make this the most important thing in their life and then just say- oh- not so important.

So - I like this forum very much especially it is top notch for everything related to drives and firmwares but the members are just SLOOOOW, not responsive, xxxxxx. I just stop now. This forum has some of the best information from Mike, Billy, Marty etc. and the member cooperation just sucks.
TomB19

Re: What's wrong with this forum and the people?

Post by TomB19 »

I'm new. I've been here less than a year. And, I am slow.

What is the problem if I ask a Q and don't follow up on replies until the next day? This is a sincere question. I've asked a few things and wish to be as respectful as I can be to those who help out.

BTW, makemkv isn't the most important thing in my life, or anything close, but I really appreciate having it and respect the work that goes into it. Also, I am aware that people who respond to my questions are just as likely to be other users, like me. I appreciate them for taking the time, also.

Maybe you will cheer up once you get your collection ripped and then only use makemkv the odd time? :mrgreen: (Just kidding, mostly. :D )
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

i think its just the fact that alot of peoples digital life is just a mess they let them self get over whelmed with facejunk instajunk snapjunk junktok to many notifications for nonsense so they miss the email notifications for people helping them
i too have lots of things in the out box for years trying to help some one who asked only for them never to look.

and dont get me started on how many people email me telling me the guide is wrong and does not work or the same with the youtube videos

one recently was pretty funny they even messaged the admin of the forum i was not responding but i was his email was dropping all mine to spam or something i responded in email messages here ect and the admin even told me so i followed up and then they bought from alex lol
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:41 pm
i think its just the fact that alot of peoples digital life is just a mess they let them self get over whelmed with facejunk instajunk snapjunk junktok to many notifications for nonsense so they miss the email notifications for people helping them
i too have lots of things in the out box for years trying to help some one who asked only for them never to look.

and dont get me started on how many people email me telling me the guide is wrong and does not work or the same with the youtube videos

one recently was pretty funny they even messaged the admin of the forum i was not responding but i was his email was dropping all mine to spam or something i responded in email messages here ect and the admin even told me so i followed up and then they bought from alex lol
OMG! That's very much consistent with my experience. But yours is even worse!
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Coopervid wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:59 pm
Why not post the solution on the forum so everyone can benefit from it?
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Chetwood wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:35 pm
Coopervid wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:59 pm
Why not post the solution on the forum so everyone can benefit from it?
Good idea if you know the solution. Post it.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

I have.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Chetwood wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:20 am
I have.
Where?
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

The only thing I have found in this forum setup is that you can set up receiving an email if someone has sent or responded to PM. I think that could improve things. So people know that they have a PM w/o logging in.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

It's still unbelievable in this forum. People ask for help and then just disappear or don't check their PMs. How stupid must you be to do so? Are they expecting magic remotely fixing their issues? Again - I find that this forum sucks regarding responsiveness by the users themselves. But it's structure is also not helping and not to show the newest posts as an option.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Coopervid wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:19 pm
... But it's structure is also not helping and not to show the newest posts as an option.
Top right, 'New posts' & 'Unread posts' filters are insufficient? :? Invaluable, since I noticed them.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Can't find anything you mention and 100% of all others can't find either.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Coopervid wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:17 pm
Can't find anything you mention and 100% of all others can't find either.
COULD be board theme dependent? I use 'AllanStyle-SubSilver' (User Control Panel > Board Preferences). They are there & I find them invaluable.

No attachments possible. "Board quota..."
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

It is top left for me, under 'Quick links'. I use the 'Unread posts' filter all the time. I look at every new post on this forum every so often but I don't respond to most.

I'm using 'Green-Style' board theme.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Fu.k! You guys should make this a sticky somewhere. The standard just sucks!