Expired Program Version 1.4.1

Everything related to MakeMKV
djchilly

Expired Program Version 1.4.1

Post by djchilly »

My Version 1.4.1 expired on 6-05-09. Just installed 1.4.2 today 6-8-09. Program now says it will expire on 6-24-09. Is the 60 days no longer apply in this version? Can anyone assist me or should I give up on trying to pay, beg or plead to continue to use this great program. What's up?

Chilly
ChinaJade

Re: Expired Program Version 1.4.1

Post by ChinaJade »

Version 1.4.2 was released around 27-Apr-2009. The 60 days is apparently calculated from the date the program was released--not the date you installed the program. I've been using MakeMKV for quite some time now, and they never let it expire without releasing a new version.

Sometimes they go through stints where its a while before a new version is released. I'm sure that they have complicated code to write on occasion that keeps them in a 'heads down' mode. Not to mention pouring through the forum for new feature ideas and prioritizing and tracking the requests. There is also Real Life(TM) to contend with. I'd love to know how many people are working on MakeMKV. I get the distinct impression at times that Mike *is* the development team. :D

From my point of view, its free software (at the moment) that does the job very well. And, I'm thankful they're letting me leech in the interim. I'll be registering a copy as soon as they make that available.

So, keep looking for 1.4.3--history says it will be available before 1.4.2 expires.
djchilly

Post by djchilly »

Thanks for the reply. I really hooked on the this great program and ready to $$$upport :mrgreen:
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Version 1.4.3 is available
djchilly

Post by djchilly »

Thank You !!