H.264 MKV heavy stuttering

Everything related to MakeMKV
TwoToneSka

H.264 MKV heavy stuttering

Post by TwoToneSka »

I've made an MKV (H.264/DTS) with 1.4.3 from a BluRay disk which plays back with occasional stuttering.

When trying to remux the file with mkvmerge, I'm getting a lot of errors like this:
Warning: 'H:\track00.mkv' track 2: The current packet's timecode is smaller than that of the previous packet. This usually means that the source file is a Matroska file that has not been created 100% correctly. The timecodes of all packets will be adjusted by 45ms in order not to lose any data. This may throw audio/video synchronization off, but that can be corrected with mkvmerge's "--sync" option. If you already use "--sync" and you still get this warning then do NOT worry -- this is normal. If this error happens more than once and you get this message more than once for a particular track then either is the source file badly mastered, or mkvmerge contains a bug. In this case you should contact the author Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>.

Playing back the remuxed file, there is a big A/V sync problem up to the end of the movie.

When demuxing the file with tsremux and muxing afterwards with mkvmerge, the file is playing fine, also when ripping with eac3to and muxing with mkvmerge.
mike admin

Re: H.264 MKV heavy stuttering

Post by mike admin »

is it just a single disc that exibits this? if it is a specific disc, what is the disc name?
TwoToneSka

Re: H.264 MKV heavy stuttering

Post by TwoToneSka »

I've already answered to your PM a few days ago :)