3D MVC Option

Everything related to MakeMKV
bradleyrealtor

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by bradleyrealtor »

Hello,
I wanted to add to this as I discovered this technique for playing 3D on Samsung through PLEX Media Center here. I would like to add for others seeking to do this:

I have a 2015 Samsung 3d TV (J9000) and along with the instructions below I will add that I also need to click on the "O" (which tells PLEX the film is "UNWATCHED") and then with Direct Play chosen start the film.
I have noticed that the Samsung does not like to stop and go back or forward. Also, playing "Oz the Great and Powerful" I had to start the film over once I noticed that the audio was not in synch with the Video. Also I have found once I start and stop a film and go to another the Samsung will sometime not load another film until restarting.

Thanks to the others for posting how to do this here.

a
fetef wrote:Also, Newer Samsung TVs can play 3D MVC files in an m2ts container, certainly through the Plex app for Samsung, and i suspect also over DLNA and USB as well. And yes it is full frame 1080p!!

Here is what works for me:

-Rip with MakeMKV, selecting the MVC video track and also the HD audio and core audio
-Remux with tsmuxer into an m2ts container
-Load the output file onto my plex server and the direct play to my samsung f6400 (make sure to select direct play in the plex app) through ethernet (at least 100mbps)

I've tested 2 films with both this MVC m2ts technique and half TAB, and the difference in quality is night and day. I tried using stereoscopic player but i couldn't get it to output 1080p, it insisted on forcing my tv into 720p, and so to have plex do the job (well plex does very little, it's the tv that does the work) is a relief, as it costs nothing for the server backend and samsung app. And yes i am a plex fanboy and did pay for plexpass, but that's unnecessary for this function, I just like to have a piece of software do everything that i need it to do, which i can comprehensively say it does now. It'd also be great if i could keep everything in mkv containers, but i can deal with the 3 minute remux for now ;)

here's the discussion on the plex forum if it's any interest to anyone:
https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/ ... in-stereo/

I have no idea if mvc in an m2ts container will work for any other brands or devices, but it might be worth a try if you are also frustrated by other solutions as i was
blucmal

Post by blucmal »

lav filters now have a 3dmvc plugin wonder how long until we start seeing more player support..
CountryBumkin

Post by CountryBumkin »

blucmal wrote:lav filters now have a 3dmvc plugin wonder how long until we start seeing more player support..
madVR now supports 3D, so any LAV + madVR capable player (like MPC-HC) will work. I use JRiver Media Center (which has LAV and madVR built-in).

Here's a list of players that support madVR (will play 3d) http://madvr.com/
Sinisan

Post by Sinisan »

Hello all.

I'm probably stupid (thank you to NOT confirm :D ) but I can't rip BD 3D to MVC MKV.

I of course check the "MVC" line in the list of things to rip, but when I read, it looks like something's missing.

Some details :
- The size of the MKV file with or without having the "Mpeg4-MVC-3D" check is different : it looks like MakeMKV find something to put in the 3D .mkv file.
- When I read the file, my player detect it's a 3D file, asking me with format I want (as it does for all 3d files), but can't activate the 3d view itself.

Do you have any suggestion to definitively know if everything's ok in the destination file ? Just to avoid a player problem, even if I don't think so (I can read other MVC MKF files). I tried Media-Info, but for both files (a correct one made by somebody else, and the wrong one made by me...) it looks like everything's the same.

Any help will be appreciate :)
Nico83500

Post by Nico83500 »

Hi,
I'm going to try MakeMKV and MVC 3D with my Raspberry Pi 2. I use OSMC or LibreELEC, both latest version but I can't play MKV MVC. It doesn't play in 3D, only 2D.
Is there a trick ? Do you have a sample MVC MVC to try ?
Thank you !
Joe Bar

Post by Joe Bar »

Please check with the header editor of "mkvtoolnix-gui" whether makeMKV has set the videostereomode flag of the videotrack to 13. If so, remove this flag from file.
It's a new "feature" of makeMKV 1.9.10...

HTH,
Knut
Nico83500

Post by Nico83500 »

Thank you, it works !
Sinisan

Post by Sinisan »

...perfect !!!

Thank you very much.

Everything's fine like this.
ant75

Post by ant75 »

I noticed a post above that MadVR and LAV Filters can now play 3D MVC in most free players like MPC-HC providing you have Windows 8 or windows 10. I have been waiting years for this and have just tested it out in Daum Potplayer and yippee it works!

Important notes. After installing MadVR and LAV Filters you have to enable them in your player by adding them as external codecs. Set them to prefer. After opening an MVC 3D file note the MadVR logo on the bottom right of the screen. Adjust MadVR settings from here and make sure Stereoscopic 3D is enabled in these settings.

My Samsung 3D TV now switches straight from 2D to 3D automatically (without any messing around on the remote) by just opening one of these 3D files! Great! We are there at last.....!
Hoover1979

Post by Hoover1979 »

I have one issue with my MVC3D rips. The issue is not MakeMKV, it does it's job perfectly. The issue is with Stereoscopic Player.

I only have 3D on my PC (Which I converted into a Smart TV / 3D, DTS Surround Sound Home Theater / 3D Surround Sound Gaming console that puts other consoles to shame) in my lounge room, and own a few 3D blu-rays just to play on my pc. I have succssfully ripped them to a folder on my HDD so I don't need to risk scratching my discs, or buying expensive programs like PowerDVD to run them.

I have Nvidia 3D Vision2 on a 120Hz 3D monitor and I use stereoscopic player with the Nvidia 3D vision licence copied into it (As Nvidia Stopped updating their version long before Stereoscopic player supported MVC3D)

I also use my 2.4a tablet charger to charge my 3D glasses expenentially faster than the PC's USB port can dream of.

I can not get the subtitles to work AT ALL. Some of my blu-rays have subtitles that only play whan a non-english language is spoken and those are the subs I want to have displayed on Stereoscopic player.

An example is the movie Immortals, in the opening sequence the oracles are speaking another language (Persian?) and normally forced English subs are meant to appear, but not appear when English is spoken. But without the ability of getting ANY subs to display AT ALL, I certainly can't get the forced subs to display either.

All tutorials on Google have failed me, they expect a seperate .sub, .idx, .srt files, and as these are MakeMKV movies the subtitles are internal, inside the .MKV

I guess the FFDShow subtitle filter is useless when the subtitles are not external files, and unlike MPC-HC (For 2D only, as Stereoscopic player is THE only software player that works for MVC3D) there are NO options of enabling subs, or choosing which sub track to display.

I have exhausted every possible option I can think of to get these subs to display with NO success WHATSOEVER.

Please Assist.

EDIT: I managed to get it working by adding the FFDShow sub filter to all the different video modes as well as the generic video decoder section. Now the subtitle enable & track select option is no longer greyed out and the forced subs work like a charm.

Instead of deleting this post I thought I'd leave it here, so that if anyone else has this issue they can try my workaround. All is fine now. My Blu-Ray 3D discs can't be scratched and I can watch movies at the click of a mouse rather than changing discs.:)

All hail MakeMKV, the best backup software out there! :D
taigovinda

Post by taigovinda »

Joe Bar wrote:Please check with the header editor of "mkvtoolnix-gui" whether makeMKV has set the videostereomode flag of the videotrack to 13. If so, remove this flag from file.
It's a new "feature" of makeMKV 1.9.10...

HTH,
Knut
Hi,

I downloaded that program and tried removing the 13 flag... didn't seem to make a difference. I really don't know a lot about this so let me explain in my terms what I'm seeing...

- MakeMKV on Gravity 3D: shows only one video stream, Mpeg4-MVC-3D, so I take that one. Seems to rip fine.
- I play it back on my computer, it's 2D only and looks very clear (not fuzzy like 3D would look without the glasses). I've never tried to play 3D thru my computer before, only on my bluray player. The bluray player won't play files straight out of MakeMKV, I have to put them through handbrake first (I don't understand why). I put that one through handbrake and it is still 2D on the bluray player.
- I got the "mkvtoolnix-gui" and removed the videostereomode flag (which did say 13). It still plays the same on my computer. I am running that copy through handbrake now but figured it'd be nice to be more confident I have it right to begin with since I might be doing something wrong in handbrake also.
- Last detail I thought might be of note is: mkvtoolnix-gui says that the video is Mpeg4-ISO-AVC (not MVC). Does this mean I did something wrong in MakeMKV? Or maybe I need to set the flag from 13 to something else, rather than just removing it?
Thanks so much for any additional help!

Tai
michaelh35

Post by michaelh35 »

Same problem here with 3D MKV MVC files. I have a Zappiti 4K HDR mini player. MVC MKVs created with Makemkv 1.10.5 play only as 2d files. The curious thing: the player and the tv recognise the mkv file as 3d movie but only show 2d. If I change the videostereomode and remove flag 13 then nothing changes. I reverted to Makemkv 1.9.9 and files created with this version are working on the Zappiti player. However this is only a temporary solution because of the missing bug fixes in this older version.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Have you sent an email to support@makemkv.com about this? I remember Mike posting that 1.10.4 "fixed" a problem with MVC, but if it wasn't fixed (or it came back in .5), he should know about it. And email's the fastest way to guarantee that...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
michaelh35

Post by michaelh35 »

I send an email to Mike.
Meister_Proper

Post by Meister_Proper »

michaelh35 wrote:I send an email to Mike.
Did you get a reply from Mike?