Blueray VC1 doesn't work

Everything related to MakeMKV
DaOptika

Blueray VC1 doesn't work

Post by DaOptika »

Hi there,

your program is really great and i would surely pay for it, but there are a few things missing, I hope they make it to the final...

First of all, VC1-support is missing. I ripped the BDs using AnyDVD HD, .h264 worked like a charm (Bank Job), but the converted mkv with VC1-sources (Iron Man, Planet Earth) don't start playing at all. The m2ts-file starts playing, so there must be an incompatibility in your program.

Secondly it would be nice if the black borders could be auto-cropped.

Keep going with your good work, you could make much money if you finish this program before "CloneBD" is released.

Greetz from Germany!
mike admin

Re: Blueray VC1 doesn't work

Post by mike admin »

DaOptika wrote:Hi there,

your program is really great and i would surely pay for it, but there are a few things missing, I hope they make it to the final...

First of all, VC1-support is missing. I ripped the BDs using AnyDVD HD, .h264 worked like a charm (Bank Job), but the converted mkv with VC1-sources (Iron Man, Planet Earth) don't start playing at all. The m2ts-file starts playing, so there must be an incompatibility in your program.

Secondly it would be nice if the black borders could be auto-cropped.

Keep going with your good work, you could make much money if you finish this program before "CloneBD" is released.

Greetz from Germany!
Thank you for the warm words!
MakeMKV puts VC-1 video into MKV files, however as of today VC-1 video inside MKV is supported very poorly. Apparently your player is unable to extract VC1 stream from MKV file even that you have the codec installed. What kind of player (or codec pack) are you using for playback? Also, have you ever seen an MKV file with VC-1 video that you were able to play on your system?
DaOptika

Post by DaOptika »

I can play the raw .vc1 file and the muxed .mkv when I do use "eac3to" or "tsmuxer" to demux and "mkvmerge" to mux, so I don't think it's a player-problem.

Files ripped by your program keep staying black, eac3to with mkvmerge works like a charm but still is much more work...
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

DaOptika wrote:I can play the raw .vc1 file and the muxed .mkv when I do use "eac3to" or "tsmuxer" to demux and "mkvmerge" to mux, so I don't think it's a player-problem.

Files ripped by your program keep staying black, eac3to with mkvmerge works like a charm but still is much more work...
Thanks for the info, we'll investigate. It looks like it is VC-1 mux problem in MakeMKV.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

VC-1 supports was fixed in the MakeMKV 1.2 . Please download the latest version - it should work now.
DaOptika

Post by DaOptika »

Wow, thank you!!