What is MKB_v*_TITLE.tgz

Everything related to MakeMKV
LeftieFOM

What is MKB_v*_TITLE.tgz

Post by LeftieFOM »

Hi,

I'm new to makemkv and my English isn that good also. I just startet to backup (decryptet FullDikskBackup) my BluRays to HDD. For the first about 60 Blurays anything worked as expected. Now MAKEMKV starts to create a file like MKB_v*_<TITLE>.tgz for severals BluRays. The archives contain two files: driveatt.dat and MKB_RO.inf which seem to be identic (from file size) for each disk. The LOG looks okay, like for all other Disks.
So, can anyone please tell me what these files are for? Is there any kind of problem I should be concerned of? Do I need these files later?

Thank you for answering.

Leftie
mike admin

Re: What is MKB_v*_TITLE.tgz

Post by mike admin »

LeftieFOM wrote:Now MAKEMKV starts to create a file like MKB_v*_<TITLE>.tgz for severals BluRays. The archives contain two files: driveatt.dat and MKB_RO.inf which seem to be identic (from file size) for each disk. The LOG looks okay, like for all other Disks.So, can anyone please tell me what these files are for? Is there any kind of problem I should be concerned of? Do I need these files later?
This is a new feature in 1.8.0 - MakeMKV saves one version of each MKB it encounters. This helps in troubleshooting if your drive ever gets revoked. These files are small and there will be only one file per MKB version - so as of today you won't accumulate more than 38 files. :)

In short, keep these files. Their presence is not a problem.
LeftieFOM

Re: What is MKB_v*_TITLE.tgz

Post by LeftieFOM »

Thank you very much!