Peoblem playing current mkv's on dune H1

Everything related to MakeMKV
MattisBLN

Peoblem playing current mkv's on dune H1

Post by MattisBLN »

Hi,

I'm using makemkv for quite a while now, until now without any serious problems. All files made vom dvds or blurays play fine on my dune H1 media player.

I'm not sure, if my current problems result from current Version 1.8.x or from the current blurays - so if maybe it is more of an bluray error report.

Anyway: the current rips of the main titles from "bourne legacy" and "paranormal activity 4" both dont play on my dune. Instead the player presents the filename and gives selection to press enter for a playlist, which only contains the main title, which won't play. So it seems that these mkvs look like folders / Containers for the Player instead of a film.

Have there been any changes to the converting Options behind the Scenes, which i don't see?

Remuxing the mkvs with mkvtoolnix, here deleting some of the not needed audio-languages, makes the files playable again.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely

Matthias
twa000

Re: Peoblem playing current mkv's on dune H1

Post by twa000 »

MattisBLN wrote:Hi,

I'm using makemkv for quite a while now, until now without any serious problems. All files made vom dvds or blurays play fine on my dune H1 media player.

I'm not sure, if my current problems result from current Version 1.8.x or from the current blurays - so if maybe it is more of an bluray error report.

Anyway: the current rips of the main titles from "bourne legacy" and "paranormal activity 4" both dont play on my dune. Instead the player presents the filename and gives selection to press enter for a playlist, which only contains the main title, which won't play. So it seems that these mkvs look like folders / Containers for the Player instead of a film.

Have there been any changes to the converting Options behind the Scenes, which i don't see?

Remuxing the mkvs with mkvtoolnix, here deleting some of the not needed audio-languages, makes the files playable again.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely

Matthias
Can only say that I ripped "bourne legacy" on 1.8.0 and plays on my Dune's without problem (just tried it)
MattisBLN

Re: Peoblem playing current mkv's on dune H1

Post by MattisBLN »

Mine was made with 1.8.1. Today i ripped paranormal activity 4, which at first did not play. Cant Day why, but now its playing...

May have to do with DTS hd Master audiotrack.

Matthias