Getting Started

Everything related to MakeMKV
Joseph.McComas001

Getting Started

Post by Joseph.McComas001 »

New user here;I had the DVD in the player, then I clicked the large Icon of the player to start the process, it started no problem,then clicked Make MKV and 34 minutes later the process seemed to be compleeted. My question is, where did it save to? The icon under view 'open folder with arow' is not highlighted at any point. So where is the file saved, and what do I need to do to choose where to save the MKV file saved??? I did a search and its no where to be found.

Edit...
I just found this info, "You must have makemkv installed – www.makemkv.com – this product is currently free while in beta, but you need to register with a key from the makemkv forums.
Download my script and save it into the makemkv program directory
Run it and choose your source and destination folders – you can also set it to delete source files...."

I need to regester with a key???
Download my script and save it to the makemkv program directory???

Then I can save the files...
Please help clarify the above thanks, Joseph.
Last edited by Joseph.McComas001 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph.McComas001

Re: Getting Started

Joseph.McComas001 wrote:New user here;I had the DVD in the player, then I clicked the large Icon of the player to start the process, it started no problem,then clicked Make MKV and 34 minutes later the process seemed to be compleeted. My question is, where did it save to? The icon under view 'open folder with arow' is not highlighted at any point. So where is the file saved, and what do I need to do to choose where to save the MKV file saved???
I did a search and its no where to be found.
Fawkes

Post by Fawkes »

hi,

according to /onlinehelp/, 3rd screenshot you had 34 minutes to see where the file was saved ("Output file:")
just convert again und look where the default destination is (depends on your platform WinXP, Vista/Win7/Win8, Linux, Mac)

you can coose manuallly by using the wrench symbol, in the first tab you will see the destination selection
Joseph.McComas001

Re: Getting Started, ran the race, crossed the line.

Thanks: I found the code www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053, Code:

T-URV37@Oz87TnhTsdQ645ZdMDIZVtlEWdTfj57@35P77caM8a2V@_xk1qWOHVT@06N0

under the help tab placed the code under ' regester',
under the tool icon - preferences chose custom and added the file location to save the MKV copy.
Thanks for the reply.

The copy played excellent and is the quality of the orriganal!
Will need to study to understand the choices in preferences.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

You don't need to register with the beta key until the beta expires.

What script are you talking about?

SC