MKB_v36_HOB.tgz problem

Everything related to MakeMKV
L2013M

MKB_v36_HOB.tgz problem

Post by L2013M »

While I was ripping a Startek BD disk I noticed that the program stored something in this file. First the name of file is wrong, and if it really is per BD disk basis, the place is wrong. It is in users folder "C:\Users\username\.MakeMKV". The file name is probably from first BD disk I tried. Can I change the file name?

I am using Windows 7 and this the log from next disk:
MakeMKV v1.8.3 win(x86-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Failed to open disc
Backing up disc into folder "D:/Video/backup/STE_S1_D5"
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.

The "Failed to open disc" is because I cancelled first try.

My question: can change the .tgz filename MakeMKV creates and uses?

By the way, I mangled the BD names.
Woodstock

Re: MKB_v36_HOB.tgz problem

Post by Woodstock »

Actually, you can ignore or even delete the file - it's a place holder for MakeMKV to record what the highest AACS level you've ripped. The file name is based upon the disk you ripped with the highest AACS level.

Where it saves the file is controlled by Settings->General->MakeMKV data directory.

My data directory contains MKB_v36_BAKA_AND_TEST_OVA.tgz, which tells MakeMKV that it has seen v36 AACS, and what disk it was on, and and what the AACS update was.
Last edited by Woodstock on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
L2013M

Post by L2013M »

Woodstock wrote:Actually, you can ignore or even delete the file - it's a place holder for MakeMKV to record what the highest AACS level you've ripped. The file name is based upon the disk you ripped with the highest AACS level.

Where it saves the file is controlled by Settings->General->MakeMKV data directory.
Aha, I see. I was hoping that it would contain some encryption keys or something similar, VKU or what ever.

Thanks
L2013M

Post by L2013M »

L2013M wrote:
Woodstock wrote:Actually, you can ignore or even delete the file - it's a place holder for MakeMKV to record what the highest AACS level you've ripped. The file name is based upon the disk you ripped with the highest AACS level.

Aha, I see. I was hoping that it would contain some encryption keys or something similar, VKU or what ever.

Thanks
I think this file does include somekind of keys, I remember seeing a log saying something like saving MKB keys into that file. Does anyone have more info on that?