Default selection rules and a kind request for a rule-gen

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
urkel

Default selection rules and a kind request for a rule-gen

Post by urkel »

In this BB, there are so many threads with requests of an individual selection role.
Please create a role-generator (or if it already exists, maybe as a webfrontent, please tell me the URL), that helps to make a better default-selection.

In personal case, I would like to backup my BDs of my favorite-tv-show with the best-available FAVLANG-/ and the best available ENG-track and also the forced subtitles in FAVLANG. Also the default-audiotrack should be the FAVLANG-one. I also Need to Change the order of the audiotracks, that the first one will be the FAVLANG, instead of english. (My TV wont let me select the audiotracks within DLNA and ignores default-marks).

This is, how my selection should look like:

Please help me. :(
ndjamena

Re: Default selection rules and a kind request for a rule-ge

Post by ndjamena »

This might work.

Code: Select all

-sel:all,+sel:((eng|favlang)&audio),-sel:core|havelossless|havemulti,+sel:(forced&favlang),=100:all,-10:favlang&audio
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

I should point out that selecting only forced tracks isn't such a great idea. Far too many forced tracks are initiated via Java rather then by the forced flag. If you do use that selection you'll miss any of the Java style forced tracks that you happen to come across.
urkel

Post by urkel »

ndjamena wrote:I should point out that selecting only forced tracks isn't such a great idea. Far too many forced tracks are initiated via Java rather then by the forced flag. If you do use that selection you'll miss any of the Java style forced tracks that you happen to come across.
Thank you for the string and the advice, I'll check it and if the forced subs won't work as they shoud, I'll rip it again -- with this string, it should be no prob. ;-)

Merry Christmas!