Language selection on audio and subtitles

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Knaldgas

Language selection on audio and subtitles

Post by Knaldgas »

When making MKV's I would like to achieve the following:
  1. FAVLANG audio without subtitles if FAVLANG exist (lowest weight).
  2. Original language with FAVLANG subtitles or english subtitles if FAVLANG doesn't exist (highest weight).
Can this be done in a profile :?:

What is contained in input="default", just video and subtitles, or are there audio here as well :?:
The "N" is described as being the track number, is it really a stream number (within a track) :?:
Is the original sound track always stream 0 :?:

Thanks!

~Per
Last edited by Knaldgas on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike admin

Re: Language selection on audio and subtitles

Post by mike admin »

Knaldgas wrote:When making MKV's I would like to achieve the following:
  1. FAVLANG audio without subtitles if FAVLANG exist (lowest weight).
  2. Original language with FAVLANG subtitles or english subtitles if FAVLANG doesn't exist (highest weight).
Can this be done in a profile :?:
Unfortunately no. Request noted.
Knaldgas wrote: What is contained in input="default", just video and subtitles, or are there audio here as well :?:
This part of profile is not related to selection. Different selection tokens behave differently, some match only audio, some only subtitles, some both, and there is only one token that matches video.
Knaldgas wrote: The "N" is described as being the track number, is it really a stream number (within a track) :?:
This functionality is unfortunately broken.
Knaldgas wrote: Is the original sound track always stream 0 :?:
All streams are added in the same order as they are mastered on the source media. Most times stream 0 is the "main" track.
Knaldgas

Re: Language selection on audio and subtitles

Post by Knaldgas »

Thanks - I look forward to these features to become implemented :wink:

Since far most of my movies are english, I will just go for FAVNLANG or ENG as default - I think I can cope with manually selecting the others :)

Code: Select all

defaultSelection="-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang|eng),-sel:(havemulti|havecore),=100:all,-10:favlang">
works just fine for that it seems.

Is it possible then, to clear the default-flag for FAVLANG subtitles when FAVLANG audio is present :?: