ffmpeg, 24-bit FLAC: source code?

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Romansh

ffmpeg, 24-bit FLAC: source code?

Post by Romansh »

Where can I find the source code for the modified ffmpeg build that ships with MakeMKV 1.7.7?
Romansh

Re: ffmpeg, 24-bit FLAC: source code?

Post by Romansh »

mgchristensen

Re: ffmpeg, 24-bit FLAC: source code?

Post by mgchristensen »

Regarding the FLAC encoder that handles 24-bit audio. It is unclear to me whether the ffmpeg-src tree gets inserted somewhere into the makemkv-oss tree, or is built separately and then MakeMKV is pointed at it. I did a little digging/experimenting, details below.

Additional info:
The configure script in ~/temp/ffmpeg-src needs yasm (http://yasm.tortall.net/). I am running Fedora 17 on a Toshiba A665 laptop, i7-Q740 proc. There was a Fedora 17 package available in the Fedora repository. Once yasm was installed, make executed (with the usual warnings of deprecated calls and array indices out-of-bounds).

Make yields these binary executable files: ffmpeg, ffmpeg_g, ffplay, ffplay_g, ffprobe, ffprobe_g, ffserver, ffserver_g.

There is no reference that I can find in the top-level makefiles for either the oss or the bin parts of MakeMKV to these ffmpeg sources or binaries. Might be elsewhere in the trees, I have not looked yet.

The make and make install instructions worked for both the -oss and -bin parts. The resulting program executed. Under preferences there is a setting in the advanced tab for FFMPEG location, I pointed it at the ffmpeg I built above, as I did not want to chance disturbing any previously installed libraries. Found a dtshddec.dll, pointed it at that as well.

BTW, I also disabled Enable UPnP under the Streaming tab and Allow contacting web server for updates under the General tab. Restart MakeMKV. Blu-ray seemed to rip OK.