Metadata server?

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
marcusj0015

Metadata server?

Post by marcusj0015 »

I think it would be cool if we could somehow automatically download metadata for our movies, instead of having to manually entering it, and maybe even subtitles too? Is there any way we could go about this, like obviously Mike probably wouldn't want to do this, but there has to be SOMETHING we can do?
chansavat

Re: Metadata server?

Post by chansavat »

Use XBMC as your media center ... it downloads all metadata automatically ... the best part - its free
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

Or Plex.

SC
marcusj0015

Post by marcusj0015 »

I mean that I want it embedded in the MKV metadata., for offline use and it makes less of a mess on the filesystem.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

Go ahead and setup a server, a good API, and the customers will come in droves!

SC
SifJar

Post by SifJar »

This would indeed be pretty great if someone set it up. Would make ripping DVDs so much simpler and quicker. And it could give the option of ripping the files with the right names automatically so stuff like XBMC/Plex would be able to identify it and download the metadata etc., without you manually renaming each file or whatever.
devicifer

Post by devicifer »

Old thread, however...

MyMovies.dk will manage your collection and insert meta info for XBMC and a few others.

The Mac app Smart Converter Pro 2 will lookup the names of the files that you drop into it, download the movie title and info, insert the info into the final file, and add the file to iTunes so that you can select it from Apple TV. It's good to be a Mac geek :)