TrueHD to FLAC audio format conversion fails

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
donmelton

TrueHD to FLAC audio format conversion fails

Post by donmelton »

While re-ripping my disc collection using the built-in "FLAC" audio profile, I encountered a Blu-ray with TrueHD audio in the main title which fails right at the end of conversion.

See attached "MakeMKV_log.txt" file for details.

I was using MakeMKV v1.8.7 on a four-core Mid 2011 iMac with an external LG BE08LU20 USB drive.

The problem disc is the U.S. retail version of "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009)" bundled in the "Underworld Legacy Collection" box set. See http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Underworl ... -ray/4686/ for details.

Prior to ripping this disc, I had successfully ripped over 100 other titles using the same "FLAC" profile, most of them performing DTS-HD to FLAC audio format conversion. However, at least nine other discs also contained TrueHD audio and converted without problems.

Here's what I know about the "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009)" disc:

* There are no playback problems when it's accessed by the Macgo software "Blu-ray Player" running on the same machine and drive with which I use MakeMKV.

* I can backup (rather than rip) this disc to my hard drive without any problems.

* I can rip the main title using the "Default" profile without any problems. Obviously that means no audio conversion.

* It does contain two TrueHD audio tracks, English and French, but selecting only one of those tracks (it doesn't matter which) for the output still fails when using the "FLAC" profile.

So, nothing appears to be wrong with the disc itself yet the TrueHD to FLAC audio format conversion always fails. Any ideas?

Thanks.

(And let me know if you need a testdump.)
donmelton

Re: TrueHD to FLAC audio format conversion fails

Post by donmelton »

Whew! Good to know this is scheduled to be fixed in 1.8.8. Thanks, Mike.

BTW, this also looks to be the same bug as described in viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7423.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please try 1.8.8
donmelton

Post by donmelton »

Yep, this bug is fixed in 1.8.8. Thanks again, Mike!