I want to switch the order of master audio and core audio

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Ronin22222

I want to switch the order of master audio and core audio

Post by Ronin22222 »

A little background on what I want to do and why. I play my MKVs through a WDTV connected to a Sony BDV-N790W home theater. My WDTV handles all the audio tracks fine, but my Sony home theater has a bit of copy protection in it where it wont play any sound at all if it detects copyright. It plays the core audio fine on everything but whenever it hits copyright in the master audio it's just silence.

Anyway, I'm wanting to change the profile to switch the order of all the core + master audio tracks. Basically just reversing them wherever they are in the track list. As it is now I do a MKV dump with makeMKV then I use mkvtoolnix to manually swap the tracks. I'm doing it this way so that it'll play the core audio by default no matter what device I have it hooked up to, but it's preserving the master audio for when I get a better home theater so nothing is actually lost and I don't have to redump all my blurays. I'm also wanting to preserve the attachment JPG by default

This is what I'm currently using. Any help would be appreciated

Code: Select all

app_DefaultSelectionString="-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang"
jurgenk

Re: I want to switch the order of master audio and core audi

Post by jurgenk »

Do you want to do it automatically? You can manually change weight of the tracks. The lowest weight track goes first.
Ronin22222

Re: I want to switch the order of master audio and core audi

Post by Ronin22222 »

jurgenk wrote:Do you want to do it automatically? You can manually change weight of the tracks. The lowest weight track goes first.
Yes, that's exactly what I want to do so I don't have to use mkvtoolnix to reorder everything after dumping. I now see this post about changing the weight after reading what you said

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4566
but it says that you can do it in the GUI but I don't see the options. I see this line in the profile

app_DefaultSelectionString="-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang"
so I see that it can be played with, but I'm not understanding how to set it up. I'm using a slightly modified WDTV profile so you know what I'm working with. Only thing I changed so far was to include all English audio instead of deselecting the master audio tracks

This is the order I want to have the tracks in the output so the files will play no matter if I hook them up to my WDTV, directly to my Sony BDV-N790W home theater, or the 2 TVs I have with USB input

Core audio (DTS or AC3 depending on the disc)
Master/HD audio (TrueHD/DTS-HD/ATMOS etc)
Remainder of the audio tracks like commentary as they would appear on the bluray

Also, I want to select the attachment JPG if it exists

If you could help me out or point me to a list of the right terms to use like -10:dtsaudio or -10:truehdaudio or whatever the terms are I can probably figure it out. I just can't find a settings list

Edit: Nevermind. I think I found the settings list. I'm trying to set it up now. I still don't see the attachment.jpg option but I can live without that. Thanks for the tip

Edit 2: I just dumped the Avengers and it saved the tracks in the right order. Thanks so much for the tip! Now I don't have to remux everything after dumping. This is a huge time saver for me