polskasubie

Avatar 4K (new Best Buy steelbook)

Post by polskasubie »

submitted the dump from the 4K Best Buy steelbook

MKB20_v77_Avatar_42C4
SamuriHL

Re: Avatar 4K (new Best Buy steelbook)

Post by SamuriHL »

So they did change it. I thought it was going to be the exact same discs as the non-steelbook releasee they conned us into buying earlier this year. LOL I'll be getting mine tomorrow.
Spyderm@n

Post by Spyderm@n »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:02 pm
So they did change it. I thought it was going to be the exact same discs as the non-steelbook releasee they conned us into buying earlier this year. LOL I'll be getting mine tomorrow.
I'm with you on this. It is definitely different. This new version includes all three versions of the movie whereas the one that came out a couple of months back only had the threatrical.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Spyderm@n wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:48 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:02 pm
I'm with you on this. It is definitely different. This new version includes all three versions of the movie whereas the one that came out a couple of months back only had the threatrical.
Then highdefdigest got it wrong. They said this would not be the collector's edition. That makes me feel a LOT better about quadruple+1 dipping on this movie at this point. (Original BD, 3D BD, extended edition BD, now UHD, and finally steelbook UHD). Very nice!
Spyderm@n

Post by Spyderm@n »

Hmmm, you could be right. I was under the impression that all the ones coming out tomorrow would be the collector's edition.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Not according to HDD. They said the new steelbook was the same as what was released earlier this year and not the collector's edition. Which would suck.
mldardy

Post by mldardy »

Is this for the Collector's Edition? I'm submitted dumps for Avatar and Avatar The Way of Water
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

This thread was posted specifically about the Avatar Best Buy Steelbook but it's all good. What would be helpful if people could submit the filenames of the dumps they submitted so others can see what's been submitted already.
polskasubie

Post by polskasubie »

the Best Buy steelbook is theatrical cut in 4K only... which is what was release earlier this year, but now via steelbook and apparently with a new disc...

the collector's edition also releasing tomorrow is a digipak with all 3 cuts on 1 4K disc... Theatrical, Special and Extended Cuts...
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I'm so irritated with this situation. I may go grab the collector's edition while I'm at the movies Thursday night just so I have it. It'll be the last time I buy avatar until I can get a 16k 3d version. Lol

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

polskasubie

Post by polskasubie »

disney milking us for everything they can...

the 4k avatar steelbook should have come out at the same time as the way of water steelbook...

even these collector's edition releases should have been done at the same time... i have the blu-ray digi of the collector's edition released years ago, but i'm a steelbook junkie so they got me with the 4k re-release... i'm not falling for the new separate 4k collector's edition though...
need to draw the line somewhere... :lol:
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

42c4 is the same disc I got so no need for me to submit it.
toxxic

Post by toxxic »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:40 pm
42c4 is the same disc I got so no need for me to submit it.
Both of my discs were 42c4 (had to get it exchanged since the steelbook was destroyed in shipping :(

I think the _only_ difference in this release is that it is DV and not just HDR.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Oh that was nice of them to add DV for the steelbook. LMAO I didn't even rip this one. I threw it on the shelf. I ordered the collector's edition and quite frankly I'm going to stick the extended edition from that in the steelbook case from BB. A collector's steelbook edition....CUSTOM. :D
toxxic

Post by toxxic »

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:25 am
Oh that was nice of them to add DV for the steelbook. LMAO I didn't even rip this one. I threw it on the shelf. I ordered the collector's edition and quite frankly I'm going to stick the extended edition from that in the steelbook case from BB. A collector's steelbook edition....CUSTOM. :D
Once I rip it, I will confirm what it actually is but:
- Description only mentions HDR
- There is a Dolby Vision Logo
- There is a disclaimer about needing extra hardware to support Dolby Vision.

I just hope they didn't drop all these logos for the MoviesAnywhere code, because then I am going to be quite mad.