www.makemkv.com

MakeMKV support forum
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:46 pm 

Thanks for the StaxRip info and link gereral1, I will have to check it out...

On a related topic, for HDR->SDR conversion, I see some SDR converts with this info:

"10 bit HDR to 10 bit SDR using triple mixed Hable-Reinhard-JJ per scene+frame analysis algorithm"

Does anyone know anything about the method behind that?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:59 pm 

Exciting news. Decided to visit this topic as there is no info on how to prevent grey video in your hdr sdr conversions. ... read on

Hdr 10bit rec2012 to bt709 8 bit keeping the exact same madvr pixel shader math with my 3dlut is now possible to rip uhd4h hdr rips to bt709 h264 with hdr colors transfer to regular bluray and top boxes with 99 percent color hdr accuracy and NO 8bit banding in conversation. I used Luma scopes rgb parade and tone mapping.. vector scopes were used for the process off creation of this lut . Tools needed are uhd rip. Ffmpeg for raw extraction to crf of 0. My hdr 10mbit to bt709 8bit 3dlut, adobe premiere and mkvtoolnix, audicity for since untouched atmos and dtshd or dtsx track . Subs are done via mkvtoolnix . I was very surprised at how identical it is to madvr algo for sdr conversions burned in. Mine does not crush the whites at 120nits . Be prepared for 5 gigs a minute at crf0 for your uhd. I setup encoder 4k at 18 mbit 1 pass but can go as high as you like. I'll make youtube video on this . Not sure who would want bt709 hdr conversation. ....older tvs, top boxes, OPPO players.....? People who cannot handle h2645 will love this news....on older pcs or older video cards.....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:54 pm 

gereral1 wrote:
Exciting news. Decided to visit this topic as there is no info on how to prevent grey video in your hdr sdr conversions. ... read on

Hdr 10bit rec2012 to bt709 8 bit keeping the exact same madvr pixel shader math with my 3dlut is now possible to rip uhd4h hdr rips to bt709 h264 with hdr colors transfer to regular bluray and top boxes with 99 percent color hdr accuracy and NO 8bit banding in conversation. I used Luma scopes rgb parade and tone mapping.. vector scopes were used for the process off creation of this lut . Tools needed are uhd rip. Ffmpeg for raw extraction to crf of 0. My hdr 10mbit to bt709 8bit 3dlut, adobe premiere and mkvtoolnix, audicity for since untouched atmos and dtshd or dtsx track . Subs are done via mkvtoolnix . I was very surprised at how identical it is to madvr algo for sdr conversions burned in. Mine does not crush the whites at 120nits . Be prepared for 5 gigs a minute at crf0 for your uhd. I setup encoder 4k at 18 mbit 1 pass but can go as high as you like. I'll make youtube video on this . Not sure who would want bt709 hdr conversation. ....older tvs, top boxes, OPPO players.....? People who cannot handle h2645 will love this news....on older pcs or older video cards.....

Any chance you have made a youtube video yet on how to do this?