www.makemkv.com

MakeMKV support forum
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: UHD support
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:45 am 

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:03 am 

I have a LG UH850T and the 950T and find that a lot of the straight rips won't play...

They all play fine on my Zappiti media player though.

Perhaps with our "old" TVs it's more something to do with the bandwidth of the files than being HDR/DV compatible. I say this because playback is not an issue with or without HDR/DV when I play a compressed version of the same title.

Only problem is it takes 8-14hrs for me to compress as my GPU for some reason isn't being used :P

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:46 pm 

LuekG wrote:
I have a LG UH850T and the 950T and find that a lot of the straight rips won't play...

They all play fine on my Zappiti media player though.

Perhaps with our "old" TVs it's more something to do with the bandwidth of the files than being HDR/DV compatible. I say this because playback is not an issue with or without HDR/DV when I play a compressed version of the same title.

Only problem is it takes 8-14hrs for me to compress as my GPU for some reason isn't being used :P

Install mkvtoolnix, remux one that won’t play, test remuxed file on tv and report back plz :)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:19 pm 

No change on the remuxed copy from my perspective. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:12 pm 

BISHOPP376 wrote:

That’s strange. I’ve got an LG b7 oled and I have the same issue that you described but remuxing works every time for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:56 pm 

BISHOPP376 wrote:

Something else that works for me is to demux to raw streams with eac3to, i.e eac3to "file.mkv" 1: video.hevc 2: audio.thd/audio.dtshd 3: subs.sup
and then remux the raw streams back to an MKV with mkvtoolnix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:44 pm 

EDIT: Yes, it was a noob question. I found the info on the 2.0/2.1 discussion. This is the sort of info I was looking for. I'm starting to grasp more and more what kind of infancy UHD ripping is in at the moment. Cheers everyone.

Hope this isn't a noob question:

Is the current process of UHD ripping under any kind of risk of patching by the studios? Are there currently any fears that the successful methods currently being used have any sort of "expiration" date in their usefulness?

I've been ripping my BDs for years with MakeMKV, and I'm finally ready to try out UHD. I really, REALLY want to "buy into" the process (a friendly disc drive, more HDDs, and more MOVIES), but I'm feeling uncertain that the current working process has a long life expectancy. Are these concerns unfounded? Is the community expecting the Studios to figure out a block with certain production years and beyond?

I'm reading up as much as I can, but with the sense I'm getting that disc drives are becoming rarer and rarer, I want to make a decision ASAP. Thanks,

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:44 am 

I can't connect to the doom9 forum. Have they gone offline? Is that the only place the key file can be acquired? I haven't grabbed the most current one, but so far I've been successful ripping four UHDs. Don't have any immediate plans to buy more, but who knows what title might appear I want?

EDIT: never mind. I found the link in the other post. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:17 pm 

atc98092 wrote:
I can't connect to the doom9 forum. Have they gone offline? Is that the only place the key file can be acquired? I haven't grabbed the most current one, but so far I've been successful ripping four UHDs. Don't have any immediate plans to buy more, but who knows what title might appear I want?

EDIT: never mind. I found the link in the other post. Thanks!

'hashed keys' superseded the 'KEYDB.cfg' format for MakeMKV long ago & is updated (~)regularly. See the following thread for details:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16959#p59411

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:21 pm 

amanofcharacter wrote:
EDIT: Yes, it was a noob question. I found the info on the 2.0/2.1 discussion. This is the sort of info I was looking for. I'm starting to grasp more and more what kind of infancy UHD ripping is in at the moment. Cheers everyone.

Hope this isn't a noob question:

Is the current process of UHD ripping under any kind of risk of patching by the studios? Are there currently any fears that the successful methods currently being used have any sort of "expiration" date in their usefulness?

I've been ripping my BDs for years with MakeMKV, and I'm finally ready to try out UHD. I really, REALLY want to "buy into" the process (a friendly disc drive, more HDDs, and more MOVIES), but I'm feeling uncertain that the current working process has a long life expectancy. Are these concerns unfounded? Is the community expecting the Studios to figure out a block with certain production years and beyond?

I'm reading up as much as I can, but with the sense I'm getting that disc drives are becoming rarer and rarer, I want to make a decision ASAP. Thanks,

A man of character ladies and gentlemen, the name says it all!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11