Flat Color - UHD Baywatch Rip

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
mrdamour

Flat Color - UHD Baywatch Rip

Post by mrdamour »

Hello All...

I did my first successful backup today using a UHD Friendly drive (thanks to the forum for pointing these out) and I have a saved MKV on my hard drive.

My Mac can play the file back using Kodi (another thank you for this suggestion on the forum) but the color looks really flat. VLC also loads it (stutters) but the color looks the same. It reminds me of when I shoot RAW digital files with my Canon 5D, before they are processed. I'm guessing this is sort of the same issue... like it doesn't know what color profile to load or something (all these details are over my head).

I've attached a screen grab so you can see the color. Does anyone have suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? The MakeMKV rip is the original file so it would have to be something with processing (or lack thereof, right?). Thanks so much for any help.
Attachments
Bayw.png
Bayw.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 7335 times
preserve

Re: Flat Color - UHD Baywatch Rip

Post by preserve »

The answer to this question is in the FAQ that is stickied at the top of this forum.

(While there are some technical details about the answer still being worked out, it should point you in the right direction nonetheless.)
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
mrdamour

Re: Flat Color - UHD Baywatch Rip

Post by mrdamour »

Thanks.