No dump for failed disc?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
VeryWittyName

No dump for failed disc?

Post by VeryWittyName »

Hey there, probably a stupid question so go easy on me as I just want to help build the keys database up and am probably missing something obvious.

I've just started ripping my discs and keeping an eye on the .MakeMKV user directory. By default, the only two files in there are _private_data.tar and the hashed keys file. I've ripped Blade Runner (original), am currently ripping Batman Begins, and failed to rip Blade Runner 2049. What I've noticed is that both the original Blade Runner and Batman Begins generated a dump file in this folder, however with 2049, there is nothing, and MakeMKV just reported that there was no disc in the drive. This is sort of what I expected as I'm in the UK and 2049 has only been out in the region for 5 days, but is there not supposed to be a dump file generated for me to email the admins? If so, is it in a different folder? I looked in the MakeMKV "program" folder too and couldn't find any AACS dump. Let me know if I'm looking in the wrong place please, and I'll get the 2049 file sent over.
GoofeyGuy

Re: No dump for failed disc?

Post by GoofeyGuy »

If your drive doessent see the disc then it can't make any dump file
VeryWittyName

Post by VeryWittyName »

I see. I just assumed this was how the problem would look when you put in a disc it can't decode.

I'll see if I can get it to find it in a bit. The disc itself works fine on my Xbox One S, and the drive is the ASUS BW-16D1HT, up-to-date Windows 10, etc.
VeryWittyName

Post by VeryWittyName »

It took a while but I got it to read. Looks like was maybe just a bit scratchy...I sort of tested the disc on the Xbox but didn't watch the whole film, perhaps any issues would've been apparent at that point. It's ripping now!
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

Eject reinsert with my maker already loaded then try again. Jigsaw first time no disc appeared. Second time ripped but speed was only 2x. I'll take that over nothing. Took 2hrs to copy but plays perfect. Blade runner uhd worked to but was faster rip.
VeryWittyName

Post by VeryWittyName »

It actually ripped fine once it was read and the file turned out perfect! Just took a few attempts for MakeMKV to recognise it was there. MakeMKV has been perfect for the other 6/7 UHDs I've tried so far, so was likely an issue with the disc and not the program.