windows 10 usb bluray driver

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
smartieyoung

windows 10 usb bluray driver

Post by smartieyoung »

I just wanted to know if anyone on the forum has had trouble with their USB external blu-ray drives? the reason i'm asking is since I installed the latest version of windows 10 home 1709 my LG 16bneu50 drive has not been working right.It worked before the last windows 10 update and i'm not sure what to do.I don't think it's the drive itself because it can read some discs and it was able to read the installation disc i got with my Blu-ray drive just fine even installed some programs from that disc? .If anyone can shed light on a solution i would gladly take it.
st4evr

Re: windows 10 usb bluray driver

Post by st4evr »

There are known issues with some Windows 10 updates that have caused many systems to lose some or all UBS functionality for many devices. (E.g. external HDDs, optical drives, mouse, keyboards, etc)

You can Google this and find many articles, topics, and Windows forums discussing this with possible solutions.

As this is the “UHD discs” forum for MakeMKV and not a Windows 10 support forum, you will have to do some leg work and research in those more appropriate places.