Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
aggie113

Re: Attention. Ver 2.1 protection out

Post by aggie113 »

Can't wait to rip my Fury disc! :)
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

Ran hex editor on my test capture and found my ip in the stream. Wrote 00 in each byte and ran file and it played perfect. The users ip digits are split in segments thru-out the video and repeated every second. These number may be random but deleted them. Run the video file and played perfect without the numbers. Tested on short clip. Talking to a friend about netflix and appletv and told him to be aware of fmts in those streams as well. If your device updates your firmware will have software that will work like java on disks to insert info if you capture and share streams off those devices. As of now its only on patroit and fury disks but it will spread to apple4k and all those other top boxes. For honest guys all this does not matter. They are trying to find pirates and shut down the torrent sites. If hollywood would let us install a drm on our pc and give us a key so we can only play our streams in madvr or whatever Id jump aboard but having to capture or rip cd of movies I own is stupid. Come on. Think outside the box hollywood. How hard can it be to have windows 10 program that will interact with a mkv file so we can do this properly. Your forcing honest people to copy their disks and in turn some bad dishonest people are offering your hard work online free. Ultravoilet is fine but what about 4k hdr uhd?????? I own hdr tv, uhd player and find a transfer yo pc looks way better in madvr than the real hdr off the disk. I like to bump the gamma curve a bit as real hdr on some movies suck and are dull. Others are really good. But I perfer madvr and pc hdr playback. Im done bitching..... hope mike adds support soon.
xmenw

Post by xmenw »

If I remember right, when UHD format was first revealed, a feature supposedly would let you download a digital copy straight from the blu ray player, of course it was never implemented.

Edit: It was called Digital Bridge. Explained better here

https://www.lifewire.com/ultra-hd-forma ... er-3987644

Of course if it was ever implemented, we wouldn't need to butt our heads like this.
aggie113

Post by aggie113 »

Guess I go with DeUHD if I want this to happen.
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

spl147 wrote:got a email from DeUHD this morning, AACS2.1 is now supported
Cat and Mouse. Spy vs. Spy.

LOL.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Krawk wrote:

LOL.
I'm sticking with makemkv!! I'm sure he's on it. :-)
rivey

Post by rivey »

jonghotti wrote:
Krawk wrote:

LOL.
I'm sticking with makemkv!! I'm sure he's on it. :-)
Agree completely. Mike has our backs!!!
spl147

Post by spl147 »

rivey wrote:
Absolutely!

has there been any new discs with AACS2.1 released other then fury and patriot?
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

spl147 wrote:
rivey wrote:
Absolutely!

As of today, no. However, tomorrow Sony releases The Equalizer 4K and it's expected to be 2.1 as well. As it has been discussed before Sony appears to be the only studio so far to use 2.1, but we won't know for sure until someone tries this new release tomorrow.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

st4evr wrote:
spl147 wrote:has there been any new discs with AACS2.1 released other then fury and patriot?
As of today, no. However, tomorrow Sony releases The Equalizer 4K and it's expected to be 2.1 as well. As it has been discussed before Sony appears to be the only studio so far to use 2.1, but we won't know for sure until someone tries this new release tomorrow.
AACS2.1 discs are notably more expensive to make, and to be "effective" they should come out in pairs - two high-profile releases in a close timeframe. These factors could have affected Equalizer being 2.0 .
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

Thanks Mike, it appears our assumptions were wrong. The less 2.1 and other versions aside from 2.0 are used at this time the better. LOL. :D
saf001

Post by saf001 »

st4evr wrote:
spl147 wrote:
rivey wrote:
Absolutely!

Interesting. I just picked up a copy of The Equalizer in 4k yesterday and having trouble opening / reading the disk. I've had pretty good luck with all of my 4k HDR's to day with the exception of the 4th Harry Potter disk which I replaced and it worked fine. Last night I ran into two issues.

The Equalizer 4k UltraHD/HDR disk fails to be recognized by my drive
Kingsman: The Secret Service disk fails to be recognized by my drive

My Asus 16D1HT has pretty much worked on all of my 4k disks but these two it doesn't seem to find them and yield no disk inserted. When it does happen to see it make mkv doesn't find it in the end. Not sure if that is related to the 2.1 or how I would even know but the disk for Equalizer I picked up yesterday doesn't work. I see in the hash text file there is a equalizer which is what I check usually when I fail to open a disk. Once that file is updated they work. Not these two.

Edit: I tried again this morning just on a hunch because I thought I heard a noise last night. 2nd attempt this morning and I heard the disk in the drive struggle. Then it opened finally but said it encountered 1 error of type "Read Error". I think in my case it is a disk issue. I'll return it and see if it resolved the issue. Maybe my searching this morning was totally unrelated to this post. My apologies.
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

Hay mike how the cracking going? Are you still on the shell, or the white egg or best yet the juicy 2.1 yolk? LOL
platinumjsi

Post by platinumjsi »

Ok so excuse the potentially dumb comment here, just want to check with the new phone home protection does this mean either:

If I play the disc in a player here then rip it and then watch the rip I can get boned?

Or what I assume is right :

If I play the disc here, then rip it, share the rip online I can get boned because the authorities will check the rip, see the ID and be able to trace it back to my IP due to my player phoning home?
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

platinumjsi wrote:share the rip online
Why? :roll:
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV