Braveheart

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
charlie62

Braveheart

Post by charlie62 »

Stops ripping quite quickly. I'm using the US disc although I'm in the UK,couldn't find anything on the forums mentioning Braveheart as a problem disc. Thanks
Woodstock

Re: Braveheart

Post by Woodstock »

Most likely you have a problem with the disk itself. If MakeMKV STARTS to read it, it found the necessary information to decrypt it, but... it can't continue if the disk itself has unreadable sections.

Start with cleaning the disk and trying again. Each new generation of optical disk is more susceptible to contamination than the previous ones, and even "invisible" chemical haze can cause problems.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
archer

Post by archer »

charlie62 wrote:Stops ripping quite quickly. I'm using the US disc although I'm in the UK,couldn't find anything on the forums mentioning Braveheart as a problem disc. Thanks
The US disc ripped fine for me. Echoing what Woodstock said. Get a microfiber cloth and carefully examine the disc, rotating it slightly; look for any little smudge or spec. Just had this problem with Planet Earth II. I thought disc 1 was bad, and it all came down to that.
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

I have cleaned the disc with all the usual remedy's water,furniture polish but nothing seems to help!. I can't really try anymore as I am probably putting more scratches than it had before.
I managed a full disc backup last night but not knowing how to get what I wanted I screwed the files and somehow deleted the file which contained the movie. Trying again at the moment to backup probably won't work this time. Could someone on these forums talk me through the proccess of getting the right file into Makemkv in baby steps from the full disc back up. Also there was message that 1 file had not processed properly but did not say which one !
So in conclusion what I'm asking is answers to the above questions please make the answers easy to follow I am not the youngest person on these forums and computers are still black magic to me
Thanks in anticipation..
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

I have no idea how to get the file from the backup folder into makemkv can anybody out there help with this simple request. Thanks
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If you have the backup folder, you can open it with MakeMKV.

Start MakeMKV. Click on "File", then "Open file". Navigate to the backup folder created for the disk, find the directory "BDMV", and select the file "index.bdmv" in it. When you click "Open", MakeMKV will read the backup and present you with the videos found in the backup.

You can make the same choices you had when you used "Open a disk" before, but (assuming no file errors) you don't have to worry if the disk contains a defect that will stop the read... The Backup process copied everything to the hard drive.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging