Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
texwatson

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by texwatson »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtoDgkBz7Xs&t=654s

Shield suffers from red push, so pretty much any other option will be a better option.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

userr wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:03 am
Is there a point in me upgrading my SHIELD to Ugoos who can play FEL?
Will there be a difference on my TV?
Yes, The Shield cannot decode FEL so the brightness metadata will be wrong for some bluray. Plus the Shield has tons of problems.
The Ugoos is a must-have if you want the best quality/accuracy/stability without restriction and they just added BDMV and ISO support.
valington

Post by valington »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 2:32 am
userr wrote:
Yes, The Shield cannot decode FEL so the brightness metadata will be wrong for some bluray. Plus the Shield has tons of problems.
The Ugoos is a must-have if you want the best quality/accuracy/stability without restriction and they just added BDMV and ISO support.
RESET may be you know did my lg oled e8 have TV-LED option or just player-led ?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

valington wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 9:35 am

RESET may be you know did my lg oled e8 have TV-LED option or just player-led ?
it supports both
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

maybe a irrelevant question, but i'm curiuous. does the ugoos plays also ts and mp4 in DV?

the bdmv/iso support is very interesting. so you can scroll without problems in the menu of the movie? and the movie picks automatically DV if you start it? in this case the chinoppo is not interesting anymore. ugoos have owned the market.
Captncomm

Post by Captncomm »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 2:32 am
userr wrote:
BDMV support is great, just got my Ugoos and installed the stable CoreELEC 21.0-Omega release.
However, when I play BDMV or .ts/m2ts dual track, double layer DV content, the video only plays in HDR, not DV. Do I miss something, maybe?
bbeny123

Post by bbeny123 »

Captncomm wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:49 am
BDMV support is great, just got my Ugoos and installed the stable CoreELEC 21.0-Omega release.
However, when I play BDMV or .ts/m2ts dual track, double layer DV content, the video only plays in HDR, not DV. Do I miss something, maybe?
DTDL support is under active development so it is only available in the nightly branch.
In addition, the CoreELEC team today announced DTDL support for mp4 and mkv as well (available probably in the next nightly version).
valington

Post by valington »

bbeny123 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 12:38 pm
Captncomm wrote:
DTDL support is under active development so it is only available in the nightly branch.
In addition, the CoreELEC team today announced DTDL support for mp4 and mkv as well (available probably in the next nightly version).
Where we can get mkv DTDL ?
foxbat

Post by foxbat »

They are pretty uncommon - muxed from before STDL became standard for DV MKVs.
I don't think anything could ever play them properly.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

valington wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 1:44 pm
bbeny123 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 12:38 pm
Captncomm wrote:
Practically non-existant unless you have discs that were ripped prior to the development of merging the DV EL onto the BL track. It was mostly done for archival purposes until people figured out what to do with the DV layer.
monsterlab

Post by monsterlab »

I have both a 2021 Apple TV using Plex/Infuse and a AM6B+ running the latest CoreElec nightly. One thing I've noticed is that P8 DV remux files look noticeably better on the AM6B+ (blacks seem more detailed, better contrast). Is there something hardware-related in the AM6B+ that would account for the better overall quality?
DylanValenti

Post by DylanValenti »

Hey reset I noticed that you have some new P7 FEL cmv4.0 rpus for films that released in cmv2.9. How am I able to do this with the dovi scripts?

(For context, I generated metadata using the original scene cuts for the theatrical cut of avatar, now I want to apply those metadata levels to the P7 FEL rpu and keep cmv4.0)
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

DylanValenti wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 11:00 pm
Hey reset I noticed that you have some new P7 FEL cmv4.0 rpus for films that released in cmv2.9. How am I able to do this with the dovi scripts?
With the latest beta.
You have to enable the 2.9 to 4.0 conversion of the original rpu at line 177 and then you can add a cmv4.0 bloc to any RPU with workflow 2-6.
The cmv4.0 levels you have to transfer are: 3,8,9
:: select if you want 2-6 to convert cmv2.9 to 4.0 (default = NO)
set cm2.9.to.cm4.0=YES
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

reset_9999 are you gonna support your dovi scripts in the future? or you think you have reached the final version at the moment because of the ugoos?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

kazuma wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 3:57 pm
you have reached the final version
pretty much but I said that in the past and always found something else to add.