Hello all first post on here.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
rhale64

Hello all first post on here.

Post by rhale64 »

I am new to this streaming stuff. I posted a question on another site and they recommended me ask here. I am trying to copy Mockingjay Part 2 and can't seem to find the right title to copy. As you all know there is a lot to choose from. I had no idea you had to find the right one. I had just been selecting the top one of all my discs until I was told that may not be correct. I was shocked and almost gave up. But I am back at it. Can someone please help me with that Mockingjay Part2 UHD Title number?

Thank you,
Ron
Nucleus

Re: Hello all first post on here.

Post by Nucleus »

Don't give up as you mention, identifying and ripping the correct title is something we all have to learn.

Links in my sig, this one and this one. Second one, GetMPLS Method is probably easiest.
Windows:
Identifying The Correct Title To Rip: Process Monitor Method - GetMPLS Method
Mux/Remux: Set A Subtitle Stream On By Default (Forced)
zeuspaul

Re: Hello all first post on here.

Post by zeuspaul »

I am new to this as well. One thing I look at is file size. The largest is usually the main feature. I also look at run time. Sometimes there are several large files and the run time only differs by a few minutes. This is may be due to different releases. Director's Cut, Theatrical Cut or other. Then I look at the published run times of the different cuts to make my choice. Sometimes there are a bazillion same size, same runtime then I choose the first.

Recently I choose all except for identical large files. The smaller files are good fill-in if I am watching something that stops 15 minutes +/- from the top of the hour when commercial TV starts new programming. Some of the small files are easy deletes judging by their splash screens when reviewed later in File Explorer or other.