Dump submitted - Blood on Satan's Claw (UK release)

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
mwebb

Dump submitted - Blood on Satan's Claw (UK release)

Post by mwebb »

Dump file MKB20_v77_Blood_on_Satans_Claw_UHD_D604.tgz submitted to service queue.
Coopervid

Re: Dump submitted - Blood on Satan's Claw (UK release)

Post by Coopervid »

In keydb.cfg
mwebb

Post by mwebb »

Thanks for the pointer. I can't get makemkv to reference keydb directly (which I understand should be possible), but I can get the disc to decrypt by pointing anydvd at keydb as an external key file. Excellent.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

You should check under View Preferences General that it shows C:\Users\USERNAME\.Makemkv. And then copy the keydb.cfg to that directory.
mwebb

Post by mwebb »

I have the data directory as D:/MakeMKV/Data (note it's displaying forward slashes rather than the convention windows backslashes), and I'm 100% certain that putting keydb.cfg in D:\MakeMKV\Data is not getting picked up by makemkv.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Non-standard might not work. Why don't you try standard?
mwebb

Post by mwebb »

I have an SSD C: drive for OS and apps and a HDD D: for data. I'll have a play with it again, but I don't want to end up with unecessary wear on the SSD.
mwebb

Post by mwebb »

With the data directory on the preferences|general tab set to C:/Users/{username}/.Makemkv and the keydb.cfg file (that anydvd is happily using) copied into that directory, makemkv does NOT decrypt and therefore I assume it's not picking it up. If this works for some people then there's obviously something else at play/that's different with my setup. ...or am I still misunderstanding the instructions?
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

mwebb wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:26 am
With the data directory on the preferences|general tab set to C:/Users/{username}/.Makemkv and the keydb.cfg file (that anydvd is happily using) copied into that directory, makemkv does NOT decrypt and therefore I assume it's not picking it up. If this works for some people then there's obviously something else at play/that's different with my setup. ...or am I still misunderstanding the instructions?
Please note that you should name the file KEYDB.cfg in the .Makemkv directory, even if the downloaded file is keydb.cfg. So case seems to matter.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

It only works with makemkv if the vuk is part of the entry. Simply saying "it's in the keydb" is highly misleading for many reasons, causing people to mess around with things trying to get it to work when it may not. The disc needs to match the disc id in the keydb and the entry has to contain the vuk. Not all entries do. Most just have unit keys which makemkv appears to ignore. This is why it'll work with anydvd when it doesn't work with makemkv.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk