Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
KBJghost

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by KBJghost »

joejoe4games wrote:Thanks for you help.
That can't be it, If i connect the drive to another computer (running on FreeDos for DosFlash Purposes) the same problem occures: the drive still opens and closes and is recognized in the bios but it never spinns up the disc or attempts to read it. I even tryed flashing the ASUS firmware 3.0.0 on it with DosFlash, but that didn't change anything the only thing I can still think of is to flash firmware 1.0.x since this is the the one that came with the Drive problem is: I can't find a download for version 1 anywhere...
You might try asking this forum member at the AnyDVD site for that firmware as he's doing a lot of work with both the LG and Asus firmware. He likely has an account here but I'm not sure what it is.

https://forum.redfox.bz/members/teddyraspin.70733/
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

KBJghost wrote: You might try asking this forum member at the AnyDVD site for that firmware as he's doing a lot of work with both the LG and Asus firmware. He likely has an account here but I'm not sure what it is.

https://forum.redfox.bz/members/teddyraspin.70733/
Same user name here.....
TeddyRaspin :wink:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/memberlis ... le&u=22412
Last edited by Lovely Rita on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
KBJghost

Post by KBJghost »

^ Cheers!
Septor

Post by Septor »

joejoe4games wrote:Damn, I think I killed my drive. :(
I tried to flash my drive from 1.02 (not sure about the exact version but it was 1.x) because it didn't detect any of the UHDs I have. I used the patcher posted by TeddyRaspin, but didn't realize that I needed to change the firmware source.
After a while I realized my mistake and flashed back to the ASUS firmware this time using the modified flasher as intended.
My drive still opens and closes, but doesn't even spin up the disc or move the read head it also remain quiet during boot up.
I have a similar problem with my old ASUS BW-16D1HT. It's a pre-2015 model and I can't find the original firmware anywhere.
hobbs47

Post by hobbs47 »

spl147 wrote:i am trying to rip my Lucy UHD disc US Retail, my drive will not read it, this is my second copy of the disc brand new, and it will not read. anyone else have trouble with this disc?

BW-16D1HT
V. 3.02
Any luck? I’m having same issue. Tried 2 copies of Lucy. Disc spins for a bit then MakeMKV will say "no disc".

Never Mind. I saw the Lucy thread. Looks like I need to contact Universal for a replacement disc.
jhabe

Post by jhabe »

Can anyone here verify that the 3.02 f/w update from Firmware HQ (link posted on page 8 of this thread) does not remove the ability to rip UHD discs?

Reason for question: On page 9, member nokia768701 stated that his drive which was manufactured in Nov of '17 and came with v3.02 would not rip discs. The v3.02 updater from Firmware HQ is dated Dec of '17 (12/21/17). I have read elsewhere that v3.02 f/w may have had a "silent" update at some point, without changing the version number, that removed UHD rip capabilities.

Update: 3.02 f/w update from Firmware HQ works fine. Will do further testing but from test disc I ripped, doesn't look to be any faster than v3.00 and in fact, may have been slightly slower.
Deraga

Post by Deraga »

jhabe wrote:Can anyone here verify that the 3.02 f/w update from Firmware HQ (link posted on page 8 of this thread) does not remove the ability to rip UHD discs?

Reason for question: On page 9, member nokia768701 stated that his drive which was manufactured in Nov of '17 and came with v3.02 would not rip discs. The v3.02 updater from Firmware HQ is dated Dec of '17 (12/21/17). I have read elsewhere that v3.02 f/w may have had a "silent" update at some point, without changing the version number, that removed UHD rip capabilities.

Update: 3.02 f/w update from Firmware HQ works fine. Will do further testing but from test disc I ripped, doesn't look to be any faster than v3.00 and in fact, may have been slightly slower.
My Asus had 3.00 on it when I received it. Updated to 3.02 and it works
barrett70

Post by barrett70 »

@TeddyRaspin
Hi, the best firmware and 3.01 or 3.02?
I stay in 3.01 or the 3.02 is better according to you?
Thanks.
TeddyRaspin

Post by TeddyRaspin »

@barret70

They are almost the same. No differences in reading UHDs as well as in the ripping speed.
barrett70

Post by barrett70 »

OK
Thanks.
WheresWaldo

Post by WheresWaldo »

I have been a lurker for a while, but pulled the plug on this drive from Amazon. It was delivered today and installed in a Ryzen system running Windows 10 on the slow Insiders Ring. Drive was manufactured in May 2017 and reports a firmware version of 3.01. It works exactly like you guys have described. Now it's time to give the MakeMKV people some money.
cbnbmore

Post by cbnbmore »

The Asus drive is actually a LG drive so one is not better than the other. Personally just dislike Asus for all the crap they pull with their rebate programs. Go with the best price but don't count on ever seeing the Asus rebate. I can guarantee you that you will be denied even if you follow the rebate instructions exactly. I recommend you avoid Asus like the plague and just get a LG drive and be happy. Companies that treat customers like Asus does deserves to go under!!!
Skopin

Post by Skopin »

SamuriHL wrote:
barrett70 wrote:@TeddyRaspin
I managed to flash in 1.02 but now he does not want to play any discs anymore.
a solution?
Thanks.
You're going to need the calibration data. I ordinarily wouldn't link to a competing site's forum, but, in this case you desperately need this patch:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd- ... ost-479726
It looks like that link is dead. Do you happen to know of another place to find it?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Teddy originally posted it. He's active here on the forum so he may be able to help.
barrett70

Post by barrett70 »

@skopin
Is this link you are looking for?
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/dumping ... ces.74479/
Thanks.