Anyone have an image of the driver disc for BE16NU50?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
mwillbanks

Anyone have an image of the driver disc for BE16NU50?

Post by mwillbanks »

I've torn apart my entire office, found the Cyberlink media suite disc but not the driver disc. I checked the Cyberlink disc for the driver. Apparently the only way to disable the Silent Play option on the BE16NU50 is to have the driver found on the driver disc. If anyone has an image or can make one I would greatly appreciate it!
st4evr

Re: Anyone have an image of the driver disc for BE16NU50?

Post by st4evr »

That is because most drives (and a lot of other new PC hardware for that matter) do not come with a "driver disc" anymore. That is a thing of the past. Saves the manufacturers money/time to post it on their site for download if it's needed. Won't find something that the manufacturer does not provide. There is a likelihood you may have to reach to LG directly if there is anything that they do provide that turns this feature off. Or Google your way to success in case someone has posted a method to turn this off.

As LG states in their website for most of their drives, they are plug-and-play:
2018_04_26_15_39_06_LG_BE16NU50_Support_Manuals_Warranty_More_LG_U.jpg
2018_04_26_15_39_06_LG_BE16NU50_Support_Manuals_Warranty_More_LG_U.jpg (80.21 KiB) Viewed 11822 times
mwillbanks

Post by mwillbanks »

Thanks....

In the event someone else tried to go down this path, LG support clarified that the option cannot be turned off because it is plug and play and does not offer the ability to change those settings. For me, this renders this drive of use for blu-ray but nothing more.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

You should never ever use any driver other than the cdrom.sys file dated 2006 or you are asking for trouble.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829